5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram 1500 Snow Day - WA Edition

tobyw

Reaction score
Decided to take the truck this weekend instead of the Jeep, just to change it up a bit. Plus we had an extra minion with us this weekend and it was just easier to package with all of our snow gear and whatnot...

IMG_6218.JPG

We parked at our usual spot and aired the tires down. I went down to 15psi up front and 12psi in the rears:

IMG_6221.JPG

IMG_6249.JPG

We traded off with the Jeeps for breaking trail, and we inflated the tube and let the minions have some rides once we got into the deeper snow:

IMG_6229.JPG

IMG_6228.JPG

IMG_6244.JPG

Once we got to the top, we broke out the culinary weaponry, built a fire, and had an awesome afternoon soaking in the sun above the clouds:

IMG_6262.JPG

IMG_6250.JPG

IMG_6263.JPG

:cool:

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks like you had a great time. I take it the Ram handled the snow as well as your Jeep? :) (y)

cbadge

Reaction score
Checking in from eastern WA. Feels great knowing the Ram performs well on snow/ice.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Where is this? Looks amazing!

tobyw

Reaction score
The trail is locally known as Nasty Creek, although it doesn't follow Nasty Creek proper if you're looking at a map of the area... It's located in the Ahtanum State Forest just West of the town of Tampico, which is about 20 miles West of Yakima.

hutchman

Reaction score
Hey Toby, is trail doable in the summer with a rather large "adventure" trailer? Lol!

tobyw

Reaction score
Hey Toby, is trail doable in the summer with a rather large "adventure" trailer? Lol!

Hutch - The short answer is yes, but... You would likely acquire some significant trail pin striping, as there are sections that weave through some fairly narrow underbrush areas. I've seen hunting camps setup along that route, but they were clearly older trailers that didn't cause any second thoughts about a few scratches and dings. Knowing your setup, I think we can find a few trails in that vicinity that might a little better suited. Regardless, hit me up when you're ready and I'd be happy to show you around (y)

hutchman

Reaction score
Will be in town tomorrow to pick it up and then at Horn Rapids RV for a few days to work out the "new trailer" bugs. You'll have to come out for a visit!

Wakesnowb

Reaction score
Wow, what an awesome trip and amazing photos. Your truck looks great also. What size tires are those? Do you have a level/lift?

Last edited:

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Great pics, looks like a fun time was had by all!
1st time I've seen tires aired down with the view on the screen. Any reason they were not matching front and rear?

tobyw

Reaction score
Will be in town tomorrow to pick it up and then at Horn Rapids RV for a few days to work out the "new trailer" bugs. You'll have to come out for a visit!

Heck yes, HRRV is only a few minutes from my porch!! Hit me up when you get settled!

Wow, what an awesome trip and amazing photos. Your truck looks great also. What size tires are those? Do you have a level/lift?

Thanks! The truck has a 4" BDS suspension lift and 305/65R18 BFG A/T's on 18x9 Fuel Trophy wheels.

Great pics, looks like a fun time was had by all!
1st time I've seen tires aired down with the view on the screen. Any reason they were not matching front and rear?

I wanted to keep a little more air pressure in the fronts because of the additional strain from turning at low speeds. In the Jeep I will routinely run 3-5psi in the snow:

IMG_2917.JPG

hutchman

Reaction score
Toby, we're in spot 61. Will be inand out tomorrow, but should be around later in the afternoon. Come by if you get a chance.

Users who are viewing this thread