5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram 1500 Snorkel

MagnumPSI

Reaction score
There's no one stateside that that offers a snorkel made specifically for the 5th generation 1500 yet, as far as I know. The only option I could find was from a fab shop outside of Brisbane, AU.

Platinum Mechanical & Suspension | Vehicle Upgrades

I emailed back and forth with their sales rep and we concluded with the help of their techs that their snorkel+custom air box kit would work for our left-hand drive 1500s. I've ordered one and it's on its way. Understandably shipping takes forever but as soon as it gets here I'm getting it installed. They include step by step detailed install instructions when you actually place an order. When I get it put on I'll put together a thread on price, shipping time, install, etc.

Here's the kit.

Wildlee

Reaction score
There's no one stateside that that offers a snorkel made specifically for the 5th generation 1500 yet, as far as I know. The only option I could find was from a fab shop outside of Brisbane, AU.

Platinum Mechanical & Suspension | Vehicle Upgrades

I emailed back and forth with their sales rep and we concluded with the help of their techs that their snorkel+custom air box kit would work for our left-hand drive 1500s. I've ordered one and it's on its way. Understandably shipping takes forever but as soon as it gets here I'm getting it installed. They include step by step detailed install instructions when you actually place an order. When I get it put on I'll put together a thread on price, shipping time, install, etc.

Here's the kit.
4-6 weeks lead time. Can’t wait to see you install it. I’ll be patiently waiting.

MagnumPSI

Reaction score
4-6 weeks lead time. Can’t wait to see you install it. I’ll be patiently waiting.
Yeah they explained to me before I ordered it the lead time+freight shipping is a long wait but since it’s the only option I don’t really mind. I’m interested to see exactly how long it’ll take to come in and I’ll let everyone know if it’s a viable option or just not worth the trouble.

MagnumPSI

Reaction score
I got the snorkel installed today. I’ll post pics, price, lead time, etc in this thread soon, as well as starting my build thread.

Just replying as motivation for myself to actually put progress in here, as well as updating everyone.

MagnumPSI

Reaction score
I got the snorkel installed today. I’ll post pics, price, lead time, etc in this thread soon, as well as starting my build thread.

Just replying as motivation for myself to actually put progress in here, as well as updating everyone.
Ok here are some pictures of the snorkel installed. It’s 5 inches in diameter. The Platinum Mechanical kit comes with the snorkel, air box, filter, template for the fender cut, and the hardware needed.

Snorkel

It was around $2,300 for the kit + shipping and handling. Lead time plus shipping was exactly 7 weeks. I tested the snorkel and my new differential breathers out this past weekend and everything works perfectly, but I covered everything more thoroughly in my build thread.

Attachments

• IMG_5414.jpeg
    IMG_5414.jpeg
    354.6 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_5397.jpeg
    IMG_5397.jpeg
    338.3 KB · Views: 39

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
interesting do you thjnk this would work with the finicky eco diesel? and which dif breather did you get ? … been thinking bout it alot

MagnumPSI

Reaction score
interesting do you thjnk this would work with the finicky eco diesel? and which dif breather did you get ? … been thinking bout it alot
It just depends on where your factory airbox is, if it’s in the same place as the Hemi’s then it should work. I’m not really familiar with the eco diesel so I couldn’t say for sure. That would be a question for them though, Stormy their sales rep was really good about responding to my emails, you can find their customer service email on their website.

MagnumPSI

Reaction score
It just depends on where your factory airbox is, if it’s in the same place as the Hemi’s then it should work. I’m not really familiar with the eco diesel so I couldn’t say for sure. That would be a question for them though, Stormy their sales rep was really good about responding to my emails, you can find their customer service email on their website.
Also I got the ARB diff breathers but you could just probably get the same size tubing somewhere else. The stock breathers are pretty protected, I just wanted them for extra insurance since I do so many water crossings.

Users who are viewing this thread