5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram 1500 Snorkel

Kiwisteve

Reaction score
Has anyone been able to (or tried) to source a snorkel for the 5th Gens?
AEV still has a couple for the 4th gens however after a conversation he said they “wouldn’t fit” as the air boxes and fender had changed...
I’ve called MOPAR (who are useless) to try gather some info on their SEMA OTG build, but to no avail...
Seems like a custom build..trying to find a fabricator to work with and get one made out of 4/5in stainless tubing will have to be the way to go?
Any other opinions out there?

INVISBLE

Reaction score
So you bought a brand new 2020 so you can drive it through a river deep enough that you would need a snorkle... not to be too judging, but you have some other issues you might need to discuss with a licensed mental professional first! Lol

In other words... YOU CRAZY!

Tex_Ram

Reaction score
So you bought a brand new 2020 so you can drive it through a river deep enough that you would need a snorkle... not to be too judging, but you have some other issues you might need to discuss with a licensed mental professional first! Lol

This horse has been beat, killed, brought back to life and beat again. The biggest reason a lot of people run a snorkel is to raise the air intake up outta the dust. When you're on a trail kicking up dust it's much better to be sucking cleaner air from up high rather than a bunch of dust filled air from down low. Nothing on these trucks seems to handle being in water well, I wouldn't take mine deeper than about mid wheel on a 35" tire, and going slow enough to not splash it everywhere.

INVISBLE

Reaction score
This horse has been beat, killed, brought back to life and beat again. The biggest reason a lot of people run a snorkel is to raise the air intake up outta the dust. When you're on a trail kicking up dust it's much better to be sucking cleaner air from up high rather than a bunch of dust filled air from down low. Nothing on these trucks seems to handle being in water well, I wouldn't take mine deeper than about mid wheel on a 35" tire, and going slow enough to not splash it everywhere.
Dude that was aimed at Kiwi... guy literally said he cleaned his truck while driving down a river! Lol

Tex_Ram

Reaction score
Dude that was aimed at Kiwi... guy literally said he cleaned his truck while driving down a river! Lol
He said his old truck, not his 2020. In Australia I'm sure he was driving a Rover that could ford water up to the windshield lol. Either which way, just was pointing out that most people use snorkels for the cleaner air :) Anywho, DFW.. I'll be there next weekend for a Texas Ram Club event.. You should check them out on Facebook!

MetalDog

Reaction score
If you need a snorkel for a Ram 1500 intake, you really don't, and instead need a boat. ;)
J/K, good luck.

Snorkels are not for water but for dusty trails where you are not the lead car. Try being 4th or 5th rig on a dusty trail and see what it does to your air filter without a snorkel.

lilteco71

Reaction score

We have a mall crawler here guys. Is a joke , i need a snorkel because i work in farms and in bad condition terrain.

Grimgreg

Reaction score
Looking at the inner fender structure, you would need an odd sized (like molded to fit) tube to get through it without cutting a bunch of the structure out.

mirzaspeed

Reaction score
With the way Houston floods I’ve considered a snorkel too but first I need to get a proper lift kit

eTorqueCoasting

Reaction score
Whoa! That's mad crazy! Dude was more than halfway before he popped his head out the water!

Lexaria

Reaction score
“Unfortunately, AEV does not offer a snorkel kit compatible with the 2019+ DT body style Ram 1500.”

Recently I have asked AEV TechSupport if they had snorkels for ram 1500 5th gen with EcoDiesel engine.

Attachments

• IMG_0376.png
    IMG_0376.png
    177.6 KB · Views: 9

Users who are viewing this thread