5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RAM 1500 owners...Tell me the pros and cons. I'm trying to decide which pickup to buy. Edit: I bought a '24 RAM 1500 Limited! Yippee!

mresseguie

Reaction score
I think a decision to replace sway bars will have to wait until after I've put a lot more miles on my new truck, and after I get a solid feel for how the truck tows our trailer next year. I'm coming from a much smaller 2-wheel drive Tacoma Prerunner, so everything feels different. I really enjoyed driving my Taco, but this new truck is so much more (in every respect) than the Taco. I need time to get to know my new truck.

SkittleRam: Watching the range change is an education in how much things have changed since '07 when my Tacoma was built. I'm up to 13.5 MPG. I'll keep watching.

themust

Reaction score
The swaybar changes the ride, "deteriorate" depends on your preference as I feel it "enhances" the ride quality. If you like a sloppy/lazy suspension that dips in corners then you might prefer stock, I run the hellwig in the stiffest setting and could almost use more yet. The downside (again, those words depend on your preference) is that the suspension feels a stiffer, and you notice the road a little more in corners but if you're towing this upgrade is well recieved by pretty much everyone.

To answer the second part of your question, the swaybar does not depend on any other mod.
Thanks for all of the input! Sounds like a must-have if you're towing a lot. I still have the BMW when I want to have some serious fun, get onto the track, etc. I will pay attention now to the characteristics you all describe, though, because a better-planted, more secure-handling vehicle is almost always a good thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/