5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RAM 1500 Limited

mlrowe02

Reaction score
I have a 2019 RAM 1500 Limited. I love the truck but the issues that can not seem to be fixed by the dealership is more than frustrating. Since June of this year, the AC fan motor shuts off when the temp is above 85 degrees within the first couple of minutes getting in the truck. Might stay off for 30 seconds or up to an hour. Been in the shop 5 times and can not find the problem. Checked wiring, replaced fan motor twice and replaced AC module. Now that it is cool outside and can not duplicate, will have to wait until next year before they can work on it again. Ram Care has been great up to the point of closing the ticket. Would not open it back up without another diagnosis from the dealer.

Now I am having problems with the 12" screen. Navigation, UConnect, Assist and SOS button are not working because system is offline. Been to dealer twice and they are not able to fix because screen will not take an update. for one day this past week, screen was frozen and didn't work at all. Now they are telling me to wait until the next update comes out. In the mean time, I just need to deal with it.

Not the quality I would expect from a very expensive truck.

Camelot

Reaction score
I agree. 5 times for the same issue. I would check how the Lemon law in your state work. In MI it is
(1) Either four times for the same defect or condition and the problem must continue; or
(2) The car was out of service for 30 days during the first year of ownership due to repairs.

But it differs from state to state. (Edit, just saw it was a 2019 so that might not apply here)

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds to me like you need to find a different dealership, to be honest. There are, unfortunately, a fair share of bad ones out there, or ones that will have a great sales department, but terrible service department, or vice versa.

coachs

Reaction score
my son's truck has been in the shop 13 days out of 16 days ownership should he be doing anything now other then keeping track of all communications or should he be doing something more?

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
my son's truck has been in the shop 13 days out of 16 days ownership should he be doing anything now other then keeping track of all communications or should he be doing something more?
That's about all he can do for now. Check the lemon laws for your state. That will give you an idea of what you'll need to do if his truck continues to need repair. Especially if it's for the same issue(s).

Users who are viewing this thread