5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram 1500 Limited Night Edition Color Conundrum

rhino49er

Reaction score
Hey folks, new to the Ram community but getting ready to pull the trigger (likely order it) on a 2021 Limited 4x4 Night Edition and need some advice on colors. I'm a dark blue vehicle kinda guy. Maximum Steel feels, for me, too gray/purple for my taste most of the time. Patriot Blue is beautiful but a little too candy blue for me in certain lighting and other times I think its fantastic. Ultimately I'm hung up on more of a navy blue. Last but no least is the Granite color. No, its not blue but I like gray as well just wish Granite was a darker shade of gray. I think any of these colors would look awesome with the Night Edition black accents, although I've never seen a Limited in Steel with Night Edition. I need something I can live with a for a few years (I won't keep it longer than 4 years, I never do) that won't get old or a color I look back on and say "what was I thinking" in 2 years.

Opinions? THANKS!!!!

BTW why the h*ll can you not order the ORP on a Limited Night Edition?

hydrant328

Reaction score
I got the 2020 bighorn night edition in granite crystal. Originally was looking at white, but looked to much like a delivery/work truck. Thought about the silver but when side by side, the granite looked so much better. Added some black stainless nerf bars too. Only complaint is the lugs are chrome not black. Will be changing them soon.

rhino49er

Reaction score
When it gets delivered, send it outside a wrap
I'm about 8 weeks away from my new house being finished, I'll have plenty to spend money on without throwing another $2k - $3k at a wrap on a $70k+ truck. But yes, that is an option - thanks!

Wsmith

Reaction score
I have always been a silver/gray kind of guy. I have a bighorn, night in granite also. I love it, but at times I wish the gray was a little lighter, mainly to keep it looking cleaner. If I had it to do over I would go silver/night. No matter what color you buy you will always question your choice. Since 4 years is your limit, you wont have to regret your choice for too long. I was planning on ordering one in brown/night, but FCA decided that didn't look good so it was not an option.

rhino49er

Reaction score
I have always been a silver/gray kind of guy. I have a bighorn, night in granite also. I love it, but at times I wish the gray was a little lighter, mainly to keep it looking cleaner. If I had it to do over I would go silver/night. No matter what color you buy you will always question your choice. Since 4 years is your limit, you wont have to regret your choice for too long. I was planning on ordering one in brown/night, but FCA decided that didn't look good so it was not an option.
I've had silver on a couple of cars, never a bad choice. There is just so much silver on the road around here (Charlotte, NC area). My wife has a Carpathian Grey vehicle with black wheels and its about perfect for me in terms of grey color and it looks good dirty but its pretty dark relative to Granite.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hey folks, new to the Ram community but getting ready to pull the trigger (likely order it) on a 2021 Limited 4x4 Night Edition and need some advice on colors. I'm a dark blue vehicle kinda guy. Maximum Steel feels, for me, too gray/purple for my taste most of the time. Patriot Blue is beautiful but a little too candy blue for me in certain lighting and other times I think its fantastic. Ultimately I'm hung up on more of a navy blue. Last but no least is the Granite color. No, its not blue but I like gray as well just wish Granite was a darker shade of gray. I think any of these colors would look awesome with the Night Edition black accents, although I've never seen a Limited in Steel with Night Edition. I need something I can live with a for a few years (I won't keep it longer than 4 years, I never do) that won't get old or a color I look back on and say "what was I thinking" in 2 years.
Opinions? THANKS!!!!

BTW why the h*ll can you not order the ORP on a Limited Night Edition?
I vote for Patriot Blue or Diamond Black Crystal.

I'm frustrated by that ORG/Night Edition issue too. That would be my ideal combination on a Limited. I think if I were buying a truck right now I'd get a fully optioned Rebel. But I still don't understand why you can't get ventilated seats on those. It would be almost $67k for the Rebel I want (MSRP anyway), and it wouldn't have ventilated seats LOL. Stupid first-world problems I guess :D

Rexx

Reaction score
I have the patriot blue and I’m very happy with it. I’ve never felt it was “too candy blue” in certain light and it’s the first time I’ve actually heard it described as such, but to each their own.

rhino49er

Reaction score
I have the patriot blue and I’m very happy with it. I’ve never felt it was “too candy blue” in certain light and it’s the first time I’ve actually heard it described as such, but to each their own.
FWIW Patriot Blue is the way I am leaning. Former co-worker had one so I saw it every day and loved it some days and just liked it others.

rhino49er

Reaction score
FWIW Patriot Blue is the way I am leaning. Former co-worker had one so I saw it every day and loved it some days and just liked it others.
He didn't do it any favors by not keeping up with it (e.g. washing frequently, etc.).

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When I was looking you couldn’t get Patriot Blue or Max Steel with the night edition. Has that changed? Patriot Blue was my #1 choice. Max steel is my least favorite color besides red. I agree, looks purple to me

Wsmith

Reaction score
When I was looking you couldn’t get Patriot Blue or Max Steel with the night edition. Has that changed? Patriot Blue was my #1 choice. Max steel is my least favorite color besides red. I agree, looks purple to me
I think the 21 limited nights have more color/night options than the lower trims had in 2020, not sure though.

Wakesnowb

Reaction score
I have patriot blue and love it. It looks the most candyish when just washed and in the bright sun. I love the just washed in the sun color the most. In the shade or clouds it definitely looks darker like what you are going for.

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would vote Patriot Blue. Was looking to get a BTS in that color and POOF it was gone. Ended up with a Black Rebel no complaints, but that Blue looks nice.

rhino49er

Reaction score
Pulled the trigger on Patriot Blue Night Ed roughly a month ago now. Had to have it trucked in from CO to get it optioned like I wanted. It was delivered to my detailer on Thanksgiving day. Doing a full frontal clear wrap and ceramic coating it before I get it on the road. I’ll pick it up Friday and post a pic. I have not gone by to see it yet, exercising extreme patience. When I see it I’ll want it so just staying away to let them do their thing.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Congrats on your new truck! I hope the two of you are very happy together...at least for 4 years :p

Users who are viewing this thread