5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram 1500 Limited/Longhorn Cold Weather Cover 82216061AC

n8zcc

Reaction score
I need some help.

I purchased a Mopar Cold Weather Cover, part number 82216061AC for my 2022 Longhorn 1500 ED. The Mopar fitment guide says this is the correct cover and it fits including the cutout for the front camera. The issue is the two staps that hang from the lower ends of the cover and per the instructions (labeled Limited Longhorn Cold Weather Mask), wrap around and clip onto the lip of the wheel well.

The straps are too short to reach and it seems as if the straps were elastic, they would work per the instructions. But the straps are not elastic. Does anyone have this cover? Are the straps supposed to be elastic and if not, how did you manage to get them to reach into the wheel well?

Thanks for any help.

Nomad

Reaction score
I have a 2020 Limited and don't recall the exact part number for the cover I purchased. On mine, the elastic clips actually clip to part of the grill. Can you send pictures of what you have?

n8zcc

Reaction score
I have a 2020 Limited and don't recall the exact part number for the cover I purchased. On mine, the elastic clips actually clip to part of the grill. Can you send pictures of what you have?
I got it to work.

There are two straps, they come off the lower left and right sides of the cover and are designed to clip onto the inner front wheel well.

They are very difficult to install, it took all my strength and a good pair of plyers to get it to hook.

The two clips on each side of the cover that hooks into the grill are elastic are were drama free to install.

Now I find out that the grill cover, albeit recommended, does little to help the engine warm and stay warm. I guess the grill shutters do the job well. I'll wait till after the first of the year to see if the grill cover helps with single-digit temperatures.

Nomad

Reaction score
I am glad you got it to work. I am surprised to hear that it doesn't seem to add anything to keeping your engine warm. I find that I have to be very careful when I use mine and keep a close eye on my engine and oil temps, they tend to run high when I use it. And this is when temps are in the single digits.

n8zcc

Reaction score
I am surprised to hear that it doesn't seem to add anything to keeping your engine warm. I find that I have to be very careful when I use mine and keep a close eye on my engine and oil temps, they tend to run high when I use it. And this is when temps are in the single digits.
I'm not seeing that or, the temperature display page in the DIC isn't showing actual temperatures and I do wonder about that. Seems I'll see an engine temperature of 170 something degrees, I'll look down a few minutes later and it shows 203 degrees, then a few minutes later it will show 193 degrees.

The oil and transmission temperatures seem more stable but I do not think they are updated in real-time.

Users who are viewing this thread