5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram 1500 headlights

Ram12375

Reaction score
Someone told me that you were not able to turn off your headlights at night when the truck was running. Is this the case and if so is there a work around

U

User_3336

Someone told me that you were not able to turn off your headlights at night when the truck was running. Is this the case and if so is there a work around
"Someone told you"????? Have you not tried this yourself?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ram12375

Reaction score
No I have not. Do not have a ram to try it on.I ordered my truck last month and was curious after hearing this. Thanks for the reply. Very helpful

U

User_3336

No I have not. Do not have a ram to try it on.I ordered my truck last month and was curious after hearing this. Thanks for the reply. Very helpful
YET, you did not mention that in the original post. however, to answer your question, I turn my headlights off as I enter the driveway at night, as not to blast them in the neighbors windows.

What kind of truck does this "someone" have that told you this?

Ram12375

Reaction score
YET, you did not mention that in the original post. however, to answer your question, I turn my headlights off as I enter the driveway at night, as not to blast them in the neighbors windows.

What kind of truck does this "someone" have that told you this?
I guess that answers my question. I've heard that about some other trucks before too. I was concerned about leaving my lights on at the boat ramp. Leaving lights on at ramp when other people are backing down leads to confrontations.

Ram12375

Reaction score
No worries I'll be more specific for future references, for now I can assume this myth is busted

Ram12375

Reaction score
My truck came in and I am able to turn lights off, however when my ac went out dealer gave me a Laramie sport loaner and I was not able to turn off the lights with truck running so I guess it is somewhat true. I am glad I went with a lone star

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Maybe that person is confusing daytime running lights with headlights? They are almost as bright, and they will stay on by default when you turn off your "headlights" manually.

However, you can turn off your DRLs, so you can turn off your headlight switch manually and have no forward lights on at all if you prefer.

Users who are viewing this thread