5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RAM 1500 5.7L MPG and droning noise curiousity

Kornatoski

Reaction score
Hi Everyone … just curious is this is common ... I have a 2019 RAM 1500 "North" with the non-eTorque 5.7L and 3.21 gears ... and even driving mostly at 65-70 on the highway with careful throttle applications it struggles to average 18mpg ...another odd thing it does and it must be a bug in the noise cancellation is at low engine speeds when decelerating with the "eco" light on ... at times it sounds like there is a large semi or airplane next to me ... just the goofiest droning noise I've heard ... and don't get me started on the "eco" light ... why is it there? ... seems to only come on when coasting downhills

Futta112

Reaction score
Noise is probably the ANC. Common issue. Mpg, all I’ll say is some of us can’t even hit 15 lol

whetrick1

Reaction score
Noise is probably the ANC. Common issue. Mpg, all I’ll say is some of us can’t even hit 15 lol

I average around 18-19.5 and mine has the 3.92 gears.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Futta112

Reaction score
I average around 18-19.5 and mine has the 3.92 gears.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Considering a bad mpg post happens daily, I wouldn’t call it a few and far between problem

Jtc411

Reaction score
Hi Everyone … just curious is this is common ... I have a 2019 RAM 1500 "North" with the non-eTorque 5.7L and 3.21 gears ... and even driving mostly at 65-70 on the highway with careful throttle applications it struggles to average 18mpg ...another odd thing it does and it must be a bug in the noise cancellation is at low engine speeds when decelerating with the "eco" light on ... at times it sounds like there is a large semi or airplane next to me ... just the goofiest droning noise I've heard ... and don't get me started on the "eco" light ... why is it there? ... seems to only come on when coasting downhills

Eco light comes on when MDS kicks in. I see it all the time. That noise you are experiencing I on occasion experience it as well. I think it’s the ANC. Ram really screwed the user experience with the ANC

Kungfubhuda

Reaction score
There are many disappointed MPG threads. My own has been pretty underwhelming (love the truck otherwise though).

As far as the Eco Light, supposedly that kicks on when you're running on 4 cylinders. If you don't like it, there's a setting somewhere in UConnect to turn it off. I'm not sure why that particular setting isn't part of the dashboard, but it's easy enough to find.

Users who are viewing this thread