5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram 1500 2022 Rebel GT

Sunman54

Reaction score
Went and test drove a Rebel GT CPO at my local dealer and a very nice truck. However, could not get a window sticker to determine all the original options and value. It was not available through CARFAX and the Ram dealer said they were unable to print out a window sticker. Have you ever heard of a dealer not being able to print out a window sticker. They did say they purchased the truck directly from RAM as it was an executive car but I countered that should have no bearing on the ability for them to have a window sticker. They did however provide a 3 page build sheet. Why wouldn't a window sticker be available? Thanks

raygun9

Reaction score
Never heard of that, do you have the vin?

Also piece of advice, pull off the lower door trim and carpet where your feet would go on both sides and see if its wet.. maybe do it on a day after it rains.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

Sunman54

Reaction score
The RAM dealer has had the truck over 30 days and I'm probably not the first to ask for it. I did ask the salesman if it was a buyback. Carmax shows it being titled as a commercial vehicle in October of 22. When you go to RAM CPO website and click on the car VIN # no window sticker. Its says NO Window sticker for this VIN #?

Sunman54

Reaction score
Only has 1,100 miles on it with no records from the original sale date to the sold date even though only 1,100 miles and 12 months per CARFAX other than it being sold as an "online listing" to the current Jeep/Ram Dealer.

U

User_3336

Provide the VIN, and I'm sure somebody can reproduce the window sticker.

Sunman54

Reaction score
None of the above worked. Its still not an available window sticker per Ram Trucks. I was able to do one through Moroney Labels. Paid the $9.99. However, the issue that is running through my mind is why isn't it available? An issue with the truck history ? But then again its a CPO truck. Perhaps over thinking the purchase potential as its my first RAM and I've had a Tundra for 9 years since new with no issues. Thanks

U

User_3336

None of the above worked. Its still not an available window sticker per Ram Trucks. I was able to do one through Moroney Labels. Paid the $9.99. However, the issue that is running through my mind is why isn't it available? An issue with the truck history ? But then again its a CPO truck. Perhaps over thinking the purchase potential as its my first RAM and I've had a Tundra for 9 years since new with no issues. Thanks
Sometimes I've seen that CPO and DEMOS will not pull a VIN sticker... CPO'S are put into that program. A demo is put into a demo program for a short time, sometimes as a loaner, then taken back out of the program for sale. Perhaps this is why ? ?? A little strange however, I admit.

The dealer should be able to pull a VIN history (service), and tell you specifically when it became a CPO. If the dealer can't tell you, then I might be a little leary.

Sunman54

Reaction score
Probably ready to give up on the Rebel GT. I called my Jeep dealer where I purchased my Wrangler and get it serviced. Thought that they could look it up as they sell Chryslers and Jeeps but not RAMS. They had no luck in getting a VIN nor any info on it. Interesting

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I dont know man, that is a clean truck with very low miles. For whatever reason the sticker doesnt come up through the usually suspects but I can pull the full build sheet from here FCA RAM and it looks legit

Last edited:

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Actually, I did find something interesting. In and at the end of the build sheet it references "pilot" vehicle stuff, which is not something I have seen before, but then again I do not spend time studying build sheets.

Non certified Pilot Vehicle tracking
PSA/S2A Pilot Order Tracking
All Pilot Orders Tracking
Company Car Tracking
Domestic Pilot Orders
Vehicle Development Pilot Order

Interested to hear what people think of that info....

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Alright...did some more research. Here is a link to another forum talking about what Pilot vehicles are which this one definitely is. This could be something neat to own as it is somewhat special. Not sure how or if that would ever affect the price, quality or longevity.

Sunman54

Reaction score
Interesting that you found that it was a "Pilot" production truck and could it be one of the first Rebel GT's off the assembly line. Noting the potential affect on price, quality, or longevity does raise a red flag on my part. While potentially neat to own, reliability is my #1 concern as the truck would be used between FL and our GA cabin. Can't have reliability issues while on the road with the truck bed full of luggage and 2 german shepherds in the back seat. It was an extremely nice truck and drove very well. Almost no mileage on it so could there have been some issues along the way with it going back to RAM for analysis and repairs? Those would not show up in any car fax. An out of the ordinary truck to perhaps say!!

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I hear your concerns and I would too...then I thought perhaps the quality could be higher since it was a pilot vehicle. I would think the major components that could leave you stranded are probably all the same and it is mostly cosmetic stuff for the GT trim. It being a 2022 would not be like it was a brand new production model. The 5th Gens have been around for a while. CPO has a good warranty. Heck, maybe use it as a negotiation tool to get an extended warranty out of them. Also, the dealer should be able to pull up the service history and show that to you. End of the day, you likely will never know and realistically have the same risks as you would with any used vehicle, or new for that matter.

IDK, that is a sharp truck and the GT's are a cool model. If it was me and I felt the price was right, I would probably buy it.

Good luck, not an easy decision.

Dave

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I hear your concerns and I would too...then I thought perhaps the quality could be higher since it was a pilot vehicle. I would think the major components that could leave you stranded are probably all the same and it is mostly cosmetic stuff for the GT trim. It being a 2022 would not be like it was a brand new production model. The 5th Gens have been around for a while. CPO has a good warranty. Heck, maybe use it as a negotiation tool to get an extended warranty out of them. Also, the dealer should be able to pull up the service history and show that to you. End of the day, you likely will never know and realistically have the same risks as you would with any used vehicle, or new for that matter.

IDK, that is a sharp truck and the GT's are a cool model. If it was me and I felt the price was right, I would probably buy it.

Good luck, not an easy decision.

Dave
CPO warranty is 90 days, not sure what you mean by good warranty.
Most other manufacturers have 1-2 year warranty on CPO.

Sounds like this truck was a beta test, so expect to have problems with it, and likely not be covered u Der any recalls in the future. It's likely not intended to be sold to the public but someone got their hands on it.

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah you are right on the warranty. My mistake. I was thinking CPO's all around had good warranty's but clearly not Ram.

As far as reliability or whatever...I know no more than you so who knows. 🤷🏼‍♂️ At $60k unless that is chump change to the person, if there is any doubt I guess I would stay away.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Yeah you are right on the warranty. My mistake. I was thinking CPO's all around had good warranty's but clearly not Ram.

As far as reliability or whatever...I know no more than you so who knows. 🤷🏼‍♂️ At $60k unless that is chump change to the person, if there is any doubt I guess I would stay away.
Wait this used Rebel is 60k? Hard pass.

Also another thing is if items were change due to it being a pilot truck, a dealership may not know how to fix. Could be different electronics or special firmware that will not exist if a part needs to get swapped out.

I would only considered it if I could get a 10 year warranty (obviously need to pay extra) and have it documented everything is covered even if it's not considered to be an oem part for that truck.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread