5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram “Digital” Mirror

2019GRamRebel

Reaction score
I was looking at ways to retrofit a digital mirror to my 2019 Rebel but it seemed to be alot of work. I opted to get one of those mirror cameras and hey it worked perfectly. Thought I’d share as I saw another topic with people that were interested so hopefully it finds them well.

The kit I got was a mirror that has a separate rear view and front view camera that connect to it. The quality of the cams are reasonably good when looking at them from the mirror. Back cam covers 160 degrees behind the truck and the front is around the same. Also hard wired it into the fuse box so there is no wires hanging around.

Huge life saver at night with my tints LOL. The rear camera is mounted under the tow hitch with some 3M and the wire is run along the underside of the truck and through the firewall grommet, along the pillar, and tucked away from the windshield to the mirror.

Rear camera is also housed in a METAL casing, which I find to be awesome. Also has a waterproof coating on the lens and doesn’t pick up that much water, dirt, off the roads, and if it is dirty I can turn the digital mirror off with a button on the bottom of the mirror, which makes it a....a regular mirror. Also came with two anti-glare screen protectors if you want to put those on.

Hope this helps those who want a digital mirror in their Ram without the hassle.

4bef0fa566dd5fea9155bc588c21d832.jpg

7fe137fc1a49f44655b310b3e77f61d5.jpg

4f3fa633fc9844540cb31f98b335ecb9.jpg

fb49fe00cb0e4cb2134d00fbb6ccc606.jpg

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Looks like a good solution for you. I'm just wondering how much crud will get caked on that rear camera in the winter. I have the digital rear-view camera in my Limited. Frankly I'm not a big fan of it, and just keep it on the traditional reflective mirror setting most of the time. It's a nice concept, but I don't like having to change my focal point from distant to near when looking from the road in front to the mirror. I'm sure I'd get used to it but I'll probably only use it if I can't see through the rear window because of objects or people in the back seat area.

Users who are viewing this thread