5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram’s Twin-Turbocharged Powerplants and Fuel Recommendations

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Ram’s Twin-Turbocharged Powerplants and Fuel Recommendations​

More Fuel Efficient, But More Octane? Will It Save You Money At The Pump?​

1707515141069.png

With Ram getting ready to roll out its updated 2025 Ram 1500 (DT) pickups, our sister site 5thGenRams.com is learning even more details about the 2025 trucks and their new twin-turbocharged 3.0-liter Hurricane inline-six engines, or as Ram is calling them, the Straight-Six Turbo (SST) engines.

The SST moniker also gets us thinking about the iconic 1997 to 1998 Dodge Ram 1500 SS/T, which then stood for Super Sport / Truck. But you gotta love the marketing team.

Anyway, we have been riddled with questions about the new engines in the past months. Considering its major change from the legendary 5.7-liter HEMI® V8s that have been powering the Ram 1500 for over the past 21 years. But one of the biggest questions we have gotten revolves around what kind of fuel type will these new engines need.

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Personally, I run 93 top tier on any forced induction engine.

I'd be interested to see if these will be E85 compatible with some tuning.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
"Do not use E-85 flex fuel or ethanol blends greater than 15% in this engine. This engine is designed to meet all emissions requirements and provide satisfactory fuel economy and performance when using high-quality unleaded regular gasoline having an octane rating of 87,"

but to each their own

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Personally, I run 93 top tier on any forced induction engine.

I'd be interested to see if these will be E85 compatible with some tuning.
Of course they will be. Would probably need to upgrade fuel injectors though, which aren't cheap for DI injectors.

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Of course they will be. Would probably need to upgrade fuel injectors though, which aren't cheap for DI injectors.

I'm sure you're right, but one can always hope.

Users who are viewing this thread