5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raised White Letters in or out?

Raised white letters in or out?

• Total voters

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I purchased a set of take-off Rebel wheels and tires and will be swapping my tires for the new ones this week. My plan was to put my tires back on the new Rebel wheels and sell them as new wheels with used tires. There's about 20k miles on the tires and they still have lots of life left. So, if I put my current tires on the new wheels, what is the majority preference? I personally prefer white letters out, but with mounting and balancing, I want to offer them up in a way that most would prefer so they could just install and go.

Raised white letters in or out?

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
For me, it's in. Plus, have a black night edition so it wouldn't look good. At least it doesn't right now as that is the way the factory did it. When the time comes for new tires, I'll have the white letters in.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
For me it's In. I almost paid to have Discount Tire remount my factory ones, but since I was eventually going to go with Methods and 35" tires, I decided to not pay for that on my stockers.

Dewey

Reaction score
We old guys like white letters and chrome. These kids like their trucks to look like work trucks.
I’m actually tired of chrome so went away from it this time. Only chrome is on my lug nuts.

E1A1DA72-D85C-485B-94D4-0F1DB49D980E.jpeg
Much different than my last few trucks.

0396E71A-A416-45E9-95AA-FC7CFE47F4AE.jpeg

209B6E11-3154-4293-BD6A-59F19AE0A912.jpeg

Last edited:

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I only voted in because I finally got rid of the owl Bridgestone and did pirelli scorpions. Since I had out for almost 3 yrs I decided to go in. Although that scorpion does look cool in white.

Loudram

Reaction score
It depends on the look that they are going for and the color of the truck. But the safe bet is letters in. Some trucks look good with white letters out and some do not. All trucks look decent with black out.

Last edited:

Idahoktm

Reaction score
I bought a set of Rebel Night Edition wheels/tires for my winter set up last year. I'm not a fan of the Ricky Bobby look, so I'm going to get them turned around before next winter.

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
in or out...just promise this "Old fart" not to put those damn extra wide wheels on that stick out like Rosie O'Donell's love-handles....man I hate those... :p

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
There are too many factors for me to vote in this poll. Not only does it depend on the truck color, there are other factors that matter to me. Style of wheel, tire diameter, tire choice, wheels size and color also factor into that decision for me. A large sidewall with small letters looks bad, just like a small sidewall with large letters looks wrong. I don't like chrome, but I think chrome with white letters looks worse. I put Rebel blackout wheels on the Limited I owned, but went with black sidewall tires. I'd have preferred to go with white letters on that truck but the tires I decided on are only available in black letters.

Dewey

Reaction score
My choice is the middle one. Besides chrome, I like the two tone paint. I don't know why they only offer on some models.
I changed the 3rd pic to a side view on my original post above. 2nd and 3rd are exactly identical trucks but different colors. (2013 and 2017)
Couldn’t get white letters on the Michelin’s on the 2013 Black/Silver Laramie. Stock Goodyear SRA were white letters but they were roached after 30,000 miles.

Users who are viewing this thread