5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rain guards / vent visors

CMil527

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Guys with the Mopar units, are they rigid pieces? I recently tried a set of the AVS lo pro version and they were flimsy as all hell and didn't keep their shape at all and bowed in the middle on the rears so i sent them back... any feedback would be appreciated.

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Guys with the Mopar units, are they rigid pieces? I recently tried a set of the AVS lo pro version and they were flimsy as all hell and didn't keep their shape at all and bowed in the middle on the rears so i sent them back... any feedback would be appreciated.
I’m coming up on 1 year with the mopar vent visors now and I wash my truck at work in the soft touch wash at least twice per week. No signs of wear or fading, they are very sharp tho, you have to be careful when cleaning the windows around them.

Vince Shanahan

Reaction score
Hello
I went with the Westin ones tape on outside .I got them for Christmas . I wanted a in channel on my truck ended up putting them on a not so warm day wiped the surfaces with rubbing alcohol.
They have not moved a inch and my Power mirrors work fine.

Ratchet

Reaction score
Go inchannel or just don't. Speaking from experience from over a dozen different vehicles.

bgasper

Reaction score
I ordered and installed the Mopar in-channels. None of the 4 fit well, the windows would not re-learn to go up and down (despite instruction), and the plastic rivets to hold on the back ones were garbage. I returned the set. I was disappointed and am now trigger shy of getting another set.

Saddlerocker

Reaction score
Im trying to decide on Weathertech or Mopar?
Both same price.
I had weathertech on my last truck (Frontier) and they worked well.
Can anyone confirm if the weathertech use some kind of clip for the rears?
Edit: they do have clips and adhesive

Last edited:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I went with the US Visor brand on my truck. Easy install. Rears use double sided tape. Absolutely zero issues after 18 months. Mirrors do hit when folded, but I rarely fold my mirrors, so a non-issue for me. On install, I didn't have the passenger front one in the track correctly and window wouldnt roll up. Just had to adjust it. Not sure I'd want anything that uses clips or rivets to hold in. Seems people have issues with them.

Chopperbobby

Reaction score
Im trying to decide on Weathertech or Mopar?
Both same price.
I had weathertech on my last truck (Frontier) and they worked well.
Can anyone confirm if the weathertech use some kind of clip for the rears?
Edit: they do have clips and adhesive
With the molar you get the cool ram emblem. Work great love min

41magmag41

Reaction score
I was given a set of mopar ones by the wife for my 2019 big horn, almost three years ago, they have been no problems. I remember the front ones had to be bent to be put in the channel, little disconcerting how much the had to be bent but went in ok. I fought like hell with the back ones with the damn clips etc, after an hour applied some two sided tape, like avs, threw the clips in a dumpster and never looked back, they've been fine ever since, going on 3 years.

MDram

Reaction score
I've always used EGR (in channel), zero issues putting them in, just cant install them when its cold out, they are plastic! I had a car wash break one, and EGR replaced the whole set no questions asked.

Saddlerocker

Reaction score
I know the windows scratch from dirt in the channel, I wonder if it will cause my tint to peel when it scratches.

MoreOvalteenPlz

Reaction score
I’ve always preferred the AVS with 3M stick ons vs. in-channels. Had them on my ‘13 for over 7 years with no issues, and they were still holding on strong when I traded it in. Here they are on my ‘19.
9dae16b3ddb56cfc873e86d5a72f6a1f.jpg

Last edited:
U

User_34235

I've always used EGR (in channel), zero issues putting them in, just cant install them when its cold out, they are plastic! I had a car wash break one, and EGR replaced the whole set no questions asked.
I agree. I got a set for Christmas, installed super easy and look great. No idea on the longevity of them but it took me about 20 minutes to install. Operator error is the reason it took that long as I tried to install the fronts wrong....yes it can be done....lol

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve always preferred the AVS with 3M stick ons vs. in-channels. Had them on my ‘13 for over 7 years with no issues, and they were still holding on strong when I traded it in.
9dae16b3ddb56cfc873e86d5a72f6a1f.jpg
I've always preferred the in-channel as they are lower profile, can be easily removed and transfered to a different vehicleor sold if you get rid of your vehicle. And no worries of them falling off like you see many of the stick on ones doing. And can't talk for the 5th gens, but on most vehicles they stick on the the paint outside of window and stick out, breaking up aesthetics of body lines.

country4life

Reaction score
I am going on 4 years with the same setup, like em a lot.
What’s the best rain guards for these trucks mopar? Also I heard they can trap water or the glue coming loose from the tape and then leaving a lot of residue is this true ?

Users who are viewing this thread