5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rain guards / vent visors

BlackLarry

Reaction score
Hey Guys, just picked up a 2019 Laramie midnight ed. Looking to buy AVS low profile rain guards and not sure what stories y’all had with these. Are 3M tape on’s good as far as holding strength? OR In-line ?? Would window sensitivity not allow in-line to work...
Thanks..

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I went with the EGR In-Channel SlimLine Rain Guards. Installation was a semi-frustrating experience having one snap on me while trying to "bend it into place" via the instructions. I purchased them from Carid.com and they refused to replace the broken guard and I had to purchase another full set. I got over it and I am happy i went with the in-line vs the tape-on.

BlackLarry

Reaction score
Great information, I was going thru Carid too. Thanks brotha

moparleo51

Reaction score
i just installed the mopar ones, they can be tricky for the rear but seem to be a good set, i had them on my 2019 bighorn before as well.

Attachments

• 20210203_112141.jpg
    20210203_112141.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 392

Venom700

Reaction score
Have EGR in channel. Took about 5 minutes to install them. Took more time cleaning the top of the glass beforehand.

Chopperbobby

Reaction score
OEM here look great. Have ram emblem. In channel. Put on with snow on the ground had no problem installing. Had to bend crap out of the front ones. Went well. The rears are slightly challenging. But not too hard. If you go this route do follow directions. Not YouTube vids

U

User_34235

Chopperbobby....where did you get the rain guards? I didnt know if you went to the dealer or bought them online someplace.
Thanks in advance
OEM here look great. Have ram emblem. In channel. Put on with snow on the ground had no problem installing. Had to bend crap out of the front ones. Went well. The rears are slightly challenging. But not too hard. If you go this route do follow directions. Not YouTube vids

ExtinctBird

Reaction score
Chopperbobby....where did you get the rain guards? I didnt know if you went to the dealer or bought them online someplace.
Thanks in advance
I got the Mopar rain guards off eBay. This dealer/seller provided prompt responses and fast shipping to me on at least a couple purchases. Just follow the directions carefully on the install, specifically in regard to getting them in the correct channel of the door weatherstrip. You also need to "teach" the window motors to adjust for the added resistance in order for them to close correctly. I am very happy with mine.

Rsorrell2

Reaction score
I went with AVS in channel as weathertech does not have them for 2020 yet.

easy install and they look pretty good as well

Code2medic

Reaction score
Hey Guys, just picked up a 2019 Laramie midnight ed. Looking to buy AVS low profile rain guards and not sure what stories y’all had with these. Are 3M tape on’s good as far as holding strength? OR In-line ?? Would window sensitivity not allow in-line to work...
Thanks..
I went with Avs in channel do yourself a favor get them on Amazon paid half the cost.

installing well it’s straight forward this being a second time trying them once one another vehicle they failed horribly.
These went better I installed them and then used small pieces of cardboard between the window and the rain guard at each end the vertical attaching points so it put more pressure on the rain guard with the window closed.

left windows closed for three days and they stay fine and no interference with the window or hitting the window.

also note no leaks or wind noises with the windows closed silent as ever

Yabodie

Reaction score
What is the minimum outside temp that installation should be done at?

CMil527

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Any concerns with power folding mirrors? Anyone who has had or seen both are the Mopars thicker than the AVS?

Code2medic

Reaction score
What is the minimum outside temp that installation should be done at?
I was impatient and did it at 25 lol they weren’t holding by themselves very well but I left the windows up and the heat inside along with two days of 50 worked they aren’t falling tho I would wait till it’s 55 60 at least or be crazy like me

Code2medic

Reaction score
Any concerns with power folding mirrors? Anyone who has had or seen both are the Mopars thicker than the AVS?
No issues with the mirrors then again dodge really didn’t seem to think those out very well considering they hit the windows lol

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No issues with the mirrors then again dodge really didn’t seem to think those out very well considering they hit the windows lol
My mirrors sound like they hit the windows, but actually don’t. It’s just a solid thud when they stop.

Users who are viewing this thread