5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rail Lines/Schedule

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
the railroads used to give that info...after 9-11 that info is part of homeland security. EmS and local municipalities get a rather vague list still.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
interesting
1f609.png

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'll post up some rail tracking info from the F150 forum this evening. Maybe even car hauler info ?

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I see how they are doing that, very interesting indeed.
1f914.png
I didn't realize this was available so easily to the general public.
1f632.png

Very interesting indeed.
1f609.png

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just have to know where to search. Ford's online tracking site won't give oit rail car info.... that's only the from the dealer.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When tracking - just use the automated systems - do not talk to a live person!

For transport by convoy - Ford uses Jack Cooper Transport and FCA seems to use Cassens Transport.

Do a search and find where/how to track on the respective companies website. I was able to track my F150 as it sat in JCTs yard until it was loaded up and shipped out. Since it was only a 6 hour drive to my dealer - I didn't see that it had shipped until it had delivered.

I live close enough to Detroit that my none of my trucks have come via rail...but here is a copy/paste from the F150 forum of rail tracking instructions. I hope this helps!

There are two major rail companies.CSX is everything east of the mississippiUP is everything west of the mississippiBut they all start out on CSX so once they have it in their system they will follow it all the way.So, how do you track your truck on a railcar?First and most important. Never talk to live personnel at the railroad! Only use automated phone system. If it attempts to transfer you to a live person please hang up. The railcar information we are provided by is given as a courtesy and if we call live personnel we may lose the access and ability to track.CSX1. Call the CSX 1-800-235-2352 2. When prompted for location or weight, press "1" on your phone for location.3. When prompted for the car initials, say CN (or whatever initials you have) then wait for the next prompt. 4. When prompted for the car number, say 907048 (or whatever your number is)5. When prompted for next car say DONE.6. That's it; enjoy your updated status report.Union Pacific
1. Call UP at 1 800 877-5123 1 800 877-51232. Follow phone prompts for Trace3. Say the railcar number complete and clearly. Example CN123456 all together 4. Listen for your updateThese automated systems can be frustrating. Keep in mind they are intended for use by folks that use them daily all day long. Like I said if you are being transferred to a live person please hang up and try again.Or...

Call Touch Trace(1-800-235-2352) and then pick option 1 for railcar information, then follow the prompts, It’ll ask you to speak the railcar initials (letters only) or enter them on the keypad and then the numbers. Next say “done”, and the system will look-up and report the latest location information it has for the railcar.If a live person picks up, hang up(you are not authorized to use it). your key pad letters are entered like this 3-2, 7-4, 7-4, 9-2 for ESSX E-is the second letter, so it has a 2 after it, S is the 4th letter on the number keypad, and X is the 2nd letter on 9 You will need to enter the carrier first.Here are terms you might hear!Departure - Railcar has departed the city listed enroute to next big city along the way.Arrive In Transit - railcar has arrived city listedJunction Recieved - railcar has arrived at a junction to be handed off to the next railroad to haul itHold or Delayed - self explanatory, could be many reasons. This is usually less than 24 hoursRelease from Customer -railcar was released from customer (could be Ford or the receiver at the other end)Placed Actual - railcar is actually placed at the location it will be unloadedBad order - railcar has a mechanical problem and needs repaired (usually less than 48 hour delay)Bad Order Release - railcar has been repaired and is ready to move againArrive Destination - railcar has arrived at its current destinationPulled from customer - railcar was pulled from the customer's location (Ford or receiver)Placed Construct - railcar has arrived its final desination but there is not room to unload it yet (will move to placed actual when the room is available)Storage - railcar has been emptied and is now being moved to storage
I don't take credit for this. I copied from elsewhere a while ago. Have fun.

Users who are viewing this thread