5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Radio works but no sound

rormiester

Reaction score
So discovered the F12 fuse for the Audio Amplifier Module / Active Noise Cancellation (ANC) / Sine Wave (SW) Inverter was blown. Tried to put a new one in and it immediately blew. Disconnected the amplifier under the seat, put in a new fuse and didn't pop. Plugged the amp back in and it blew again. Leaves me thinking I need new amplifier? Any tests I can do on the amplifier while I have it out?

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So discovered the F12 fuse for the Audio Amplifier Module / Active Noise Cancellation (ANC) / Sine Wave (SW) Inverter was blown. Tried to put a new one in and it immediately blew. Disconnected the amplifier under the seat, put in a new fuse and didn't pop. Plugged the amp back in and it blew again. Leaves me thinking I need new amplifier? Any tests I can do on the amplifier while I have it out?
I’d be checking the wiring to the amplifier. If it’s got a spot that has rubbed through the insulation (and grounding out), it’ll blow the fuse. I would consider that a much more likely scenario than needing to replace the amp.

Users who are viewing this thread