5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Radio wont turn off when door is open

Pooch

Reaction score
Good day,

I have a 2022 1500 Laramie. Recently I notice that when I shut off my truck and open the door the radio/head unit wont shut off.
usually when I shutoff the truck and open my door everything shuts off including the radio/headunit. Has anyone experience this before?

Thank you,
Ced

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Good day,

I have a 2022 1500 Laramie. Recently I notice that when I shut off my truck and open the door the radio/head unit wont shut off.
usually when I shutoff the truck and open my door everything shuts off including the radio/headunit. Has anyone experience this before?

Thank you,
Ced
Do the interior lights work properly? If not, it could be a door switch. If not, could be the head unit. A 22 should be under warranty.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I had that happen a couple of times after an OTA, did yours update recently?

GeorgeA

Reaction score
This has happened several times to me on my 2020 Limited. It turns off eventually.

Just another frustrating issue with these RAMs.......................

Loudram

Reaction score
Happened to my truck a few times too, about a month ago. Hasn't happen recently. I can't remember if it was right before or right after an OTA update but it was around the same timeframe.

n7qpp

Reaction score
Well my 2022 Limited has started to do this also. No changes to the truck on my part. Was there OTA update not sure. The radio keeps playing for about 30 to 60 sec (estimate not timed) after I shutdown the engine down and exit the truck.

Sure would like to meet the software developers for this truck.... the thing seems to have a mind of its own sometime

RAMonkey

Reaction score
This exact same thing started today on my ‘22 Laramie. We’ll see how long it keeps it up…

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Happened to me once.
I even set accessories to off on power off but nada.

I turned my truck completely on and then shut it off and it was ok.

100% was going to have a dead battery if I didn't do it.

My truck also doesn't talk to Ram so no updates are possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/