5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Radio turning back on when door is opened with power off after last update

Highwayman

Reaction score
Since I updated to FCA-MY22-S23.13-PROD about 2 weeks ago I have had an issue where I shut off the engine and everything seems normal, however when I open the door the radio comes back on. I mucked around with the radio timeout settings and power on with start which fixed it for a day or two. Uconnect support had me do a factory reset which also fixed the issue for a day or two. Initially when the radio would come back on it would prompt me to setup wifi updates. I did so but it didn’t perform any additional updates. I can manually power off the radio with the door open, but it’s annoying and kinda weird. Anyone else seen this behavior?
I did see a similar year old thread on this but without any real resolution.
I think my truck is in my sig but it has been a while since I posted so not sure. ‘22 Rebel GT Level 2 plus everything else but the split tailgate, ram boxes and tow package.
Thanks!

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
UC5 is buggier than Windows 7. My Durango kept saying something about "Uconnect Box" problem. I don't know what a "Uconnect Box" is, but it said to hook to wifi to update. I tried a dozen times, but it wouldn't connect to wifi. I tried mulpiple home wifis and my cellular hotspot on my phone. Nothing would connect. All the sudden, one time I started the engine, and it said "Uconnect Box Updated". I had already given up and never hit update.

23RAM

Reaction score
Since I updated to FCA-MY22-S23.13-PROD
I haven't heard of that, but I'm kinda new still - but your version is a bit old. It should update OTA automatically. Current version for 2022 models is 26.17 which mine updated on its own back in early March I think. It doesn't update the navigation maps though because of the size of the files (16.4gigs) so if you want to do that, you need to do it manually. See the Maps thread.

Highwayman

Reaction score
I haven't heard of that, but I'm kinda new still - but your version is a bit old. It should update OTA automatically. Current version for 2022 models is 26.17 which mine updated on its own back in early March I think. It doesn't update the navigation maps though because of the size of the files (16.4gigs) so if you want to do that, you need to do it manually. See the Maps thread.
I thought it might be really old based on the 26 update thread. Not sure why I received such an old one or how to get the latest over air. Would prefer not to just download one off the forum. Probably ok but maybe not…. Any way to force it other than going to dealer?

Highwayman

Reaction score
Website is no help. ..

Attachments

• IMG_1707.jpeg
    IMG_1707.jpeg
    40.2 KB · Views: 3

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I thought it might be really old based on the 26 update thread. Not sure why I received such an old one or how to get the latest over air. Would prefer not to just download one off the forum. Probably ok but maybe not…. Any way to force it other than going to dealer?
Nope there's nothing you can do.

Load it yourself from a download from someone you don't know or pray to whatever god you worship.

Here's a link for S26.15 which is newer if you wanna try that out.

23RAM

Reaction score
Nope there's nothing you can do.

Load it yourself from a download from someone you don't know or pray to whatever god you worship.

Here's a link for S26.15 which is newer if you wanna try that out.
That's the version my truck came with and it updated by itself just fine the following month. Maybe 23.13 is buggy for updates?

Highwayman

Reaction score
So despite the Uconnect website saying I did not need an update I received another one shortly after posting and I am now at version 24. They gave me a halfway decent explanation of how they push updates and said if I still had issues they could push version 26 out of cycle. Seems okay for now but was out of town so will give it a few more days and may ask for it anyway. Thx for the feedback.

Users who are viewing this thread