5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Radio Stays On

Lrpilot

Reaction score
2021 1500 Longhorn…Every few months when I shutoff the truck and open the doors, the radio and screen remain on. I can come back hours later and it’s still on. Once this happens it will do it every time I shutdown until I disconnect the negative battery cable. Then a few months goes by and it’s fine and then it starts this nonsense again.

Is there a fix for this? Known issue? Thanks.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
In addition to what tyromeo asked, do you have a Tazer dt or any kind of programmer plugged in?

Moosefire66

Reaction score
Not my ram, but my chevy traverse has a similar problem. I think the traverses problem is the door switch, or activator, whatever you want to call it sticks and doesn't tell the vehicle that the door is opened to kill the power to everything. Maybe yours is similar...

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Lrpilot

Reaction score
No Tazer or anything else plugged in. I’m unsure about the dome light. What would the dome light staying on indicate?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/