5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Radio Reset Question

U

User_34235

I did a search and I SWEAR I did exactly what was mentioned but still nothing. I have the 8.4" radio with the non-nav unit. Some times it will take forever to come on and it will just have dots flashing across is. I tried doing a soft reset of holding down the power and tune buttons for 10 seconds or more and nothing. I turned the radio on, held down the then button then pushed the power button and all it did was turn it off.. Tried it the other way, by starting with the radio off and then held the tune button and then hit the power button and all it did was turn it on. What am I doing wrong or can this radio not be reset? HELP......lol

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did you try the reset option from the Uconnect settings? Not sure if it would resolve the issues you are seeing but worth a shot.

Last edited:
U

User_34235

Didnt know there was one but should have guessed,,,,will give that a shot. Thanks

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure there is a factory reset option in there that allows you to restore everything to factory defaults and clear all saved data. Only downside is if it doesn't work, then you have a glitchy radio with all of your information and presets wiped out too.

Brocktologist

Reaction score
Honestly the the most effective way to probably do it is to unplug the negative battery cable for 10 minutes.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure RamCares posted a thread about how to hard reset on uConnect4 and 5.
I did a search and I SWEAR I did exactly what was mentioned but still nothing. I have the 8.4" radio with the non-nav unit. Some times it will take forever to come on and it will just have dots flashing across is. I tried doing a soft reset of holding down the power and tune buttons for 10 seconds or more and nothing. I turned the radio on, held down the then button then pushed the power button and all it did was turn it off.. Tried it the other way, by starting with the radio off and then held the tune button and then hit the power button and all it did was turn it on. What am I doing wrong or can this radio not be reset? HELP......lol
You looking for this?

Users who are viewing this thread