5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Radio repeats when I tune to 98.1

bourgeois

Reaction score
I have a 2019 ram with the 12" screen. I notice when I switch to station 98.1 on the radio after around 7 seconds it will stop and play back the first 7 seconds when I switched to the station. It repeats it self. I thought i was crazy until I started going back and forth from different stations. It only does it on 98.1.
The crazy thing is on my 2009 ram the radio was swapped twice because it would get stuck on 98.1 and I was not able to do anything to the radio. No volume change, no station change. I had to turn the truck off to reset the radio

bourgeois

Reaction score
It may. Of course I brought the truck to the dealer yesterday for the replacement of the dash and wanted to so the service guy but of course it would not do it front of them. It’s funny how the dealer can never replica the problem

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It may. Of course I brought the truck to the dealer yesterday for the replacement of the dash and wanted to so the service guy but of course it would not do it front of them. It’s funny how the dealer can never replica the problem
Is it every time you switch it to 98.1 or just in a certain area ?

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sounds like a weak HD radio signal and it falls back to FM. Try toggling HD radio off in settings. You won't miss anything unless you want to listen to a sub station, say 98.1 (2) or 98.1 (3) if they exist.

Majortom

Reaction score
Mine frequently does that on the pandora stations through XM. And that’s if the station even loads. 7 out of 10 times I get messages like ’weak signal’ And the station doesn’t even play. Even on clear sunny days.

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Bring it up to the dealer and have them check the antenna connections. It's not unheard of for a leak to be in that area or have a loose connector.

bourgeois

Reaction score
Is it every time you switch it to 98.1 or just in a certain area ?
I have a 25 mile drive to work and it did it everytime that morning. I tried at the dealer later in the day under a roof and it didnt to it

Users who are viewing this thread