5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Radio Reception Issues

Rdwng

Reaction score
Looking for any advice. I woke a couple weeks ago to a dead battery. Upon boosting and subsequently having the battery tested, everything came back "okay". Thinking something was left on that drained the battery as I haven't had any issues since, except for my radio reception. I am not getting any reception on my radio stations and ones that are in my town are mostly static. I had to the dealer and they want to book back back in to remove the radio and trace wiring to the antenna as they feel a wiring issue. I have a 2020 Ram 1500 Limited and find it odd that it would be a wiring issue. They feel the battery dying and the radio issue are a coincidence, but I am not convinced. Wondering if anyone has anything to try before I book back in with the dealer. I checked a couple interior fuses that I thought may be the issue but they are fine. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

jackholley

Reaction score
Looking for any advice. I woke a couple weeks ago to a dead battery. Upon boosting and subsequently having the battery tested, everything came back "okay". Thinking something was left on that drained the battery as I haven't had any issues since, except for my radio reception. I am not getting any reception on my radio stations and ones that are in my town are mostly static. I had to the dealer and they want to book back back in to remove the radio and trace wiring to the antenna as they feel a wiring issue. I have a 2020 Ram 1500 Limited and find it odd that it would be a wiring issue. They feel the battery dying and the radio issue are a coincidence, but I am convinced geometry dash scratch. Wondering if anyone has anything to try before I book back in with the dealer. I checked a couple interior fuses that I thought may be the issue but they are fine. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
I think you should examine the antenna mast for any damage or signs of wear. If the mast is bent, broken, or corroded, it can affect the radio reception. Consider replacing the antenna if necessary.

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has anything to try before I book back in with the dealer. I checked a couple interior fuses that I thought may be the issue but they are fine. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Not sure how deep you are willing to dig?
This is for my 2019 rebel, should be the same procedure.

Attachments

• radio reception1.jpg
    radio reception1.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 9
  • radio reception2.jpg
    radio reception2.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 9
  • radio reception3.jpg
    radio reception3.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 7
  • radio reception4.jpg
    radio reception4.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 6
  • radio reception5.jpg
    radio reception5.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 9

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think you should examine the antenna mast for any damage or signs of wear. If the mast is bent, broken, or corroded, it can affect the radio reception. Consider replacing the antenna if necessary.
Are you still living in the 70's? 2020 Ram's don't have antenna masts.

Users who are viewing this thread