5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Radio presets keeps resetting

jmt8706

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My 8.4 did this again a couple days ago. I also got a "Uconnect box requires service" message that happened a few time on the way home the same day. They can play with it this week when it goes for an oil change.

smankins

Reaction score
I don't know if this is part of what is going on but I have noticed that any presets that I put in get erased after using Android Auto.

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My truck was built 6-21-22 and it does the same thing. Presets disappear, day/night mode changes on it's own, etc.

I figured out how to connect my non-NAV system to the WiFi at my house last night and set it up for "over the air updates via WiFi" so hopefully it'll cure itself soon.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My truck was built 6-21-22 and it does the same thing. Presets disappear, day/night mode changes on it's own, etc.

I figured out how to connect my non-NAV system to the WiFi at my house last night and set it up for "over the air updates via WiFi" so hopefully it'll cure itself soon.
WXman,

Please give it a few days after you've done the software update for your vehicle. Please provide us with your feedback if you run into any issues.

William
Ram Cares

Mdwarchichoke

Reaction score
Wxman - Same issue for me as well. Done it twice now. Two months old. does nto instill confidence for sure.

Mdwarchichoke

Reaction score
It also wiperouts your xm favorite artist and songs as well in teh reset beyond just the favorite channels.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It also wiperouts your xm favorite artist and songs as well in teh reset beyond just the favorite channels.
Hello Mdwarchichoke,

Please send us a PM with your VIN, we'd be happy to look into this further for you.

William
Ram Cares

SirHempCo

Reaction score
Anyone else still having this issue. Just picked up a 22 BH and my presets keep erasing.

skyhawk42

Reaction score
I’ve had issues since day 1 with my 22. Pretty much gave up on presets. Now after the latest update the CarPlay keeps returning to the radio Home Screen for no reason. Seems like the updates will never make everything right. They fix one thing and mess something else up

TrueNorth

Reaction score
We’ve had our 23 Built to Serve (8.4 w nav) for 8 days and it’s done this exact thing four times….

DoogieMc

Reaction score
I have had a 2022 Warlock with the 8.4 screen and I too lose my station presets about every week to 2 weeks. It is super irritating. This system seems to have been downgraded since I had my 2014 Limited with the same system.

Mdwarchichoke

Reaction score
Good luck with a fix. Mine does it every couple of months and dealership say there are no fixes for it. Only solution is a soft reset on the radio which wipes out all your settings. I will probably just ditch the truck after te strike is over.

DoogieMc

Reaction score
I too have the same problem. With as long as this has been a problem, it would appear that FCA does not really care about it.

Mdwarchichoke

Reaction score
So I did get the software updated. Some kinks to add I to the discussion. My truck list no over the air updates as it was deleted during the covid build along with the 110v power etc. It took a little convincing that it was not up to date as shown on the initial scan at the dealer. They did go the extra mile to get it downloaded and updated as the latest version is suppoaeto be an over the air update etc. So I imagine there are a few trucks in the same spot.

DoogieMc

Reaction score
Contacted RAM(doesn't)care. They only refer you to a dealership. I have aleady been there. The dealership points the finger to FCA and a future update that would fix it. Basically, FCA does not care. This is my 3rd RAM truck....it may be my last.

DoogieMc

Reaction score
WXman,

Please give it a few days after you've done the software update for your vehicle. Please provide us with your feedback if you run into any issues.

William
Ram Cares
Well RamCares, I have has this set up for months and nothing. So tired of the presets reseting. I have contacted RamCares many times and nothing. Gone to the dealer and they have never heard of it, which seems odd since it is all over the Ram forums. It would appear to the average customer that Ram does not really care at all. All I get is the run around. My 2014 Ram Limited with the same system on uconnect 3 (I think) never had problems...what did you guys do to this system?

Users who are viewing this thread