5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Radio presets keeps resetting

fatfree

Reaction score
My radio presets keep getting reset once very few weeks and I can't resolve it.

My vehicle details:
- 2022 Big Horn with 8.4 non-nav
- No memory seats
- Only free SiriusXM account for a year, which I don't really use or care for

What I have tried:
- Created a new profile
- Send refresh signal from SiriusXM

Is there a way I can remove the SiriusXM account so that it doesn't sync my presets (or any other features) to their server, and only keep them in the car?

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The same thing was happening with the early 2019's with Uconnect4 . After they came out with an OTA update everything seems to be working well . So I'm assuming ( I know ) they send out an OTA update once they figure it out .

NRitland2

Reaction score
My radio presets keep getting reset once very few weeks and I can't resolve it.

My vehicle details:
- 2022 Big Horn with 8.4 non-nav
- No memory seats
- Only free SiriusXM account for a year, which I don't really use or care for

What I have tried:
- Created a new profile
- Send refresh signal from SiriusXM

Is there a way I can remove the SiriusXM account so that it doesn't sync my presets (or any other features) to their server, and only keep them in the car?
Same.. 2022 BH. Had an OTA update a month back.. still issues and it’s frustrating.

I know all the numbers for my stations now 🤦‍♂️

fatfree

Reaction score
Same.. 2022 BH. Had an OTA update a month back.. still issues and it’s frustrating.

I know all the numbers for my stations now 🤦‍♂️
When your presets get erased, does it reset to a list with various FM, AM, XM presets? The same list each time?

NRitland2

Reaction score
When your presets get erased, does it reset to a list with various FM, AM, XM presets? The same list each time?
Nope. Erases it completely to the point the presets all need to be reset again. Nothing stays

rbundy84

Reaction score
Bump for this thread - is anyone still having issues with this? I test drove a 2022 BH 8.4 no-nav and the radio was a little quirky setting up (like going to dark mode and display favorites), but when I turned off and turned back on, it appeared to go right back to default.

Don’t really want to spend $50k+ on a truck with radio issues…

NRitland2

Reaction score
Still happening…. The presets disappear

The rest of the radio/uconnect functions great

JoshS

Reaction score
I've had my 2022 Bighorn with 8.4" Uconnect no nav for only 3 weeks now and I've had it drop my presets 2-3 times already. Super annoying

fishingNut

Reaction score
Have a 2022 Ram 1500 Big Horn (with 8.4" radio display) that I got in early May.

Radio presets will get randomly replaced or just removed. This is extremely LAME and ANNOYING as radio presets isn't a new feature.

I am wondering if the radio is trying to validate its XM subscription and if it doesn't get a reply fast enough, it assumes you don't have it and blows away the presets (even though you have the subscription and its just too slow to validate). I mention this, because when this happens to me it sets the station on start up to the XM 1 intro station. But for those that just use AM/FM presets, and have no satellite presets, do your presets get replaced or removed? I guess I can test this myself by using only AM/FM presets and see what happens, but figured I'd ask others too.

Thanks in advance.

fishingNut

Reaction score
Oh, BTW, a close friend has a loaded F-150 Limited, and his F-150 radio also randomly replaces or resets his presets. 😵

huntersales

Reaction score
My 2022 Big Horn 8.4 radio loses its presets also. This is crazy on a new truck, I am going to take bake to dealer every time until they fix it!

potbss

Reaction score
I've had this problem since I purchased my 2022 RAM 3500 tradesman in December. I have called Uconnect and sirius XM with no results. Took to the dealer and they told me to press the assistance button on the overhead console, did that with no luck.

huntersales

Reaction score
I came out last night and started my truck and now all presets are gone. This is crazy!

Bavet

Reaction score
My dealer installed the latest uConnect update in my truck on June 22. So far this seems to have fixed this issue for me. I have the 8.4, no Nav.

sarge40

Reaction score
My 8.4 with Nav does this intermittently. The weird thing (other than this problem) is that I can still use the buttons on the back of the steering wheel to toggle through my preset stations, but they just don't show up on the preset positions on the screen.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
So I’m guessing this is an 8.4 issue only?

This is one problem I haven’t seen with my 12” screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/