5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Radio playing over bluetooth and usb

ram2100

Reaction score
So I got the 2019 Limited model and it's been working fine for the past month or so, but now it's randomly playing a random radio station when you listen to music over the USB (flash drive with mp3 files or phone hard wired) or when playing anything over bluetooth from the phone. It's really weird, it's not even the station that the FM or AM are tuned to, so it's some other FM station. Haven't seen this with XM yet or with AM or FM, just with Bluetooth and USB. If you leave it off for a while, then it won't do it for another 2 or 3 starts, but once it gets in the mood to start tuning in an extra radio station, it will not stop, even after you hit the power button or turn the truck off completely, you have to let it stay off for hours to make it reset.

Anyone else experiencing this?

alexp003

Reaction score
recently started happening to me. i found that if you change the source to XM/AM/FM and then back to your device, it will stop the radio from playing

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Same problem, here. Switching the input channel solves it. It is an annoyance, for sure

shrubs2000

Reaction score
Mine started this last month. Its happened about 3x now. I wonder why this is now appearing...

alexp003

Reaction score
Mine started this last month. Its happened about 3x now. I wonder why this is now appearing...

not sure, but most of my uconnect issues seem to pop up around the same time that others begin posting about them on the forum

nmajor18

Reaction score
Same here. Started last week after the dealership performed a radio update. Was hoping this update would solve my SXM preset disappearing act but all it did was add more problems......

Geobound

Reaction score
Well what do you know, that exact same thing happened to me last week.

I couldn't figure out why I had a baseball talkshow on (something that I wouldn't be caught dead listening to), and my iTunes music at the same time. I actually started looking around to see if somebody had an extremely loud radio playing...........as I was travelling at 120km/h down the road. :LOL:

It was odd enough to have two things playing at the same time, but to have a baseball talk show on...........I've never tuned into that station, and nobody has been in my truck that would tune into it either.

When I unplugged my iPhone and clicked on Sirius, it was playing the Tom Petty channel??

Fidomac

Reaction score
So I got the 2019 Limited model and it's been working fine for the past month or so, but now it's randomly playing a random radio station when you listen to music over the USB (flash drive with mp3 files or phone hard wired) or when playing anything over bluetooth from the phone. It's really weird, it's not even the station that the FM or AM are tuned to, so it's some other FM station. Haven't seen this with XM yet or with AM or FM, just with Bluetooth and USB. If you leave it off for a while, then it won't do it for another 2 or 3 starts, but once it gets in the mood to start tuning in an extra radio station, it will not stop, even after you hit the power button or turn the truck off completely, you have to let it stay off for hours to make it reset.

Anyone else experiencing this?
mine did this for maybe a week and then it stopped completely

AbitaPro

Reaction score
More High Tech, it happens. Just switch to Sirrus and back to the source you want to listen to and it should stop.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Mine just did this Sunday going to the beach. It was playing a random satellite station in the background of my iTunes music through CarPlay. Thought I was going crazy for a while. Got it to stop by going to satellite and switching back to my iTunes

Users who are viewing this thread