5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Radio not turning off

Contikipaul

Reaction score
I had an exact same experience as Mbrinkhaus. I got in my truck on hold with T-Mobile and using a bluetooth headseat listening to an endless stream of music while I waited for someone to answer, when I started the truck it went to CarPlay and started to play hold music over my speakers, I went to the phone and hit the bluetooth not Uconnect for the Ram. Get to store and when I return radio is still playing, get home and try and turn off but nothing worked. Not pushing the power button, opening and closing the door, locking. 15 mins later I come back and the radio was still playing. I turned Bluetooth off upon my phone that broke the link to CarPlay that thought I was still on the call that I had switched to my headset. Fixed it right away.

arussell7

Reaction score
I just bought a 2021 ram 2500 bighorn and my radio did the exact same thing yesterday. Would not shut off even after the truck was turned off and doors open. We are on vacation we just bought the truck 3 days ago. I called a local dealer they said disconnect battery and it would reset computer. It worked but still weird.

JaxDomino

Reaction score
This is not just related to Apple CarPlay as this happened to me today on my 2020 Laramie. I was indeed on a call and left the vehicle to take care of business, switched to Handset. Got back in the car and it reconnected to Android Auto. Left the car again, while still on hold, same shopping center, turned car off, in the store for about 15 minutes. Got back to the car, it did NOT connect back to Android Auto, just Bluetooth, but I was now off the phone call. Got home, and it wouldn't turn off. I've had so many issues with this radio that if I wasn't building a house, I would get rid of this POS. I'm so pissed. The dealership is useless and I would never buy another RAM vehicle. Complete garbage!

jddirk

Reaction score
I just had this same problem on my 2019 Ram 2500 with 12” display. Not resolved yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
I just had this same problem on my 2019 Ram 2500 with 12” display. Not resolved yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For $h!ts and giggles disconnect the battery for 5 or 10 minutes. That will do a "soft reset" of the system.

Buffim

Reaction score
Weird experience yesterday with the radio in my 2 1/2 week old 2020 Laramie. The radio would not turn off, pushed the button a number of times, turned vehicle off, opened door and kept playing. Thought it might go off in a few minutes but did not check back. The wife walked by about 45 minutes later and heard it still playing. Told me and sure enough was still on. Push the button with no affect. Started engine and push button again several times to no avail. Turned engine off, opened door and kept playing. Finally decided to unhook the battery and reconnect it. Radio was off. Started engine, turned on radio and pushed button to stop, it worked, radio went off. Did the same procedure with unhooking battery etc. and still seems to be working properly. Do not wish to keep having to do this procedure if it will not turn off in the future. IDEAS?????????
Thank you for all the help.
I had this issue today and figured out that the truck thought that there was an active phone call in progress. It appears to be an issue with Apple Car Play. To fix the issue, I plugged in the phone and made a call through car play, then ended the call. I was then able to shut off the truck and everything was back to normal. To check if this issue is the same as yours, try to power off the radio while the truck is running. You will get a message like “Not able to power off with an active call in progress” I got this message after shutting off the truck multiple times.
This happened to me twice today. I’ll try what you did. Thanks for the info.

bigdshadyrest69

Reaction score
Weird experience yesterday with the radio in my 2 1/2 week old 2020 Laramie. The radio would not turn off, pushed the button a number of times, turned vehicle off, opened door and kept playing. Thought it might go off in a few minutes but did not check back. The wife walked by about 45 minutes later and heard it still playing. Told me and sure enough was still on. Push the button with no affect. Started engine and push button again several times to no avail. Turned engine off, opened door and kept playing. Finally decided to unhook the battery and reconnect it. Radio was off. Started engine, turned on radio and pushed button to stop, it worked, radio went off. Did the same procedure with unhooking battery etc. and still seems to be working properly. Do not wish to keep having to do this procedure if it will not turn off in the future. IDEAS?????????
Has done this 3 day's in a row take cable off to shut radio down any other suggestions

Seanep22

Reaction score
The exact same thing happened to me, today. Like you, I disconnected the battery to get it back to "normal". Hopefully, it's just a one time deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online