5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Radio Making Loud Buzzing Noise

OutlawHemi22

Reaction score
This usually happens upon starting the truck, radio makes a loud buzz noise and freezes all controls on the touchscreen. I can turn the radio off and it takes about 20 seconds to reset while making the buzz sound the entire time. I’ve done a reset 4-5 times and doesn’t change anything. Anyone else with this issue and fix for it?

Bigbags85

Reaction score
Yeah that has happened to several people myself included. Happens randomly, mine did it for a few weeks while it was cold outside and hasn't done it in a few months now. The dealer (at least mine) doesn't know how to fix it or what causes it. I've just chalked it up to garbage cheap electronics/cheap design.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I had that happen a few times with my UC5 12” and Alpine system but reset on it’s own and everything was fine. Hasn’t happened for a few months now.

OutlawHemi22

Reaction score
Mine has been doing it almost every day for the past month. It usually happens when I first start the truck.

OutlawHemi22

Reaction score
So still having this issue and absolutely do not want to go the dealership. Anyone have some troubleshooting ideas I can do to help with this?

Users who are viewing this thread