5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Radio issues and steering wheel buttons not working

problematic6.7

Reaction score
I have tried to search here along with several other places but cant seem to find the answer that has these 2 issues linked together. I noticed the issues when the radio would not come on. I pulled the 2 fuses under the fuse box which resets the radio and all was well until I tried to blow the horn. All the buttons on the steering wheel are not working except cruise control. I started with checking all the respective fuses for the steering wheel with all of them being good. The only logical thing I can come up with is either a bad clock spring or BCM that is giving issues. Im not even sure the 2 issues are related or a just an unlucky coincidence the 2 issues started at the same time. Any help would be greatly appreciated or point me to where I need to be for help.

Thanks in advance

problematic6.7

Reaction score
Is your radio issue linked with steering wheel buttons not working? I read the holding the the tuning knob and power buttons but it doesn’t do anything for mine.

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have tried to search here along with several other places but cant seem to find the answer that has these 2 issues linked together. I noticed the issues when the radio would not come on. I pulled the 2 fuses under the fuse box which resets the radio and all was well until I tried to blow the horn. All the buttons on the steering wheel are not working except cruise control. I started with checking all the respective fuses for the steering wheel with all of them being good. The only logical thing I can come up with is either a bad clock spring or BCM that is giving issues. Im not even sure the 2 issues are related or a just an unlucky coincidence the 2 issues started at the same time. Any help would be greatly appreciated or point me to where I need to be for help.

Thanks in advance
This site is worth the subscription if you want to DIY it.
Advanced DIY Automotive Repair | ALLDATA DIY

Threesuns1

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is your radio issue linked with steering wheel buttons not working? I read the holding the the tuning knob and power buttons but it doesn’t do anything for mine.
Yes, my steering wheel buttons (channel up/down and volume up/down) stop working every couple month, I do the reset the radio and they're fine. Are you holding them long enough, until the radio turns off and resets?

Users who are viewing this thread