5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RADIO ACTING WACKY

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This ever happen to anyone - today my radio started acting weird where I noticed the climate control screen pop up out of nowhere (I didn’t touch the screen at all) then the front speaker sound (mainly driver side) would go in and out with all other speakers acting normal. It started happening after about 2 hours of driving. Happened pretty consistently the remaining hour plus of driving. The truck is over a year old and never had this issue. My radio was swapped in May for a different issue but has worked flawlessly ever since. Was there an OTA today or issues with Sirius possibly? Very strange. There’s no way speaker connections are loose after over an year of problem free operation. Any ideas or input is appreciated.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Seems to be working fine now (knock on wood). Very strange.
I guess I spoke too soon. Same thing was happening all day Sunday on a 3 hour trip. Not too happy about it because I know it’s going to be one of those things that the dealers never going to be able to experience if I take it in.

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I guess I spoke too soon. Same thing was happening all day Sunday on a 3 hour trip. Not too happy about it because I know it’s going to be one of those things that the dealers never going to be able to experience if I take it in.
Can you post a picture of your radio part information showing your application version, software version, etc? If you aren't sure how to get the info, you have to press and hold the bottom two icons on the 12" screen to access the dealer options where you can see this screen. I have a Longhorn built about the same time as you and I recently got a radio update from the dealer. I can compare what I am seeing with what you have.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can you post a picture of your radio part information showing your application version, software version, etc? If you aren't sure how to get the info, you have to press and hold the bottom two icons on the 12" screen to access the dealer options where you can see this screen. I have a Longhorn built about the same time as you and I recently got a radio update from the dealer. I can compare what I am seeing with what you have.
[/
I’ll give it a go when I can. Once it’s in dealer mode how do you get out and get back to normal? Thanks for your help.

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There aren't any special steps to get it out of dealer mode. I think you just hit the back arrows to exit out or just power the screen off and then back on.

Reactions: MJP

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was able to get this info for you. F5AF6C9B-0A93-4E62-A717-EEE382B92E36.jpeg

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was able to get this info for you. View attachment 40392
You've got the same updates as me. I have not had those long drives like you have had so I have not experienced your issues. I hope you can find some help figuring this out man! Maybe on your next drive you can video and audio record what you are seeing and hearing so you can avoid the step of the dealership having to try to replicate the issue.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You've got the same updates as me. I have not had those long drives like you have had so I have not experienced your issues. I hope you can find some help figuring this out man! Maybe on your next drive you can video and audio record what you are seeing and hearing so you can avoid the step of the dealership having to try to replicate the issue.
Thanks for your interest. I greatly appreciate your help. I’ll keep an eye (or I should say ear) out and report back.

Users who are viewing this thread