5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Radar on weather radar goes away

1Mopar

Reaction score
When I touch travel link and weather on my screen, the radar used to work correctly. Now it shows on about half screen for about 10 seconds then goes away. Dealer has checked it and says, nothing wrong. It also will not dial out on my assist button or sos button. Says call could not be completed as dialed. Any suggestions? It was new in August 2020 has almost 12000 miles any help would be appreciated. Thanks Mike

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Weather radar never worked on my 2020. Bought it in Aug 2020 as well.

Did you have 5 mos or 12 mos of free Sirius Guardian with the purchase. It's been 6 months so maybe the trial ran out. If not call them up and check.

Vince Shanahan

Reaction score
Hello
I been through this before with other brands and FCA.
Please make an appointment at another dealer. But call Customer Care first and save all of your documentation.
it might be a simple flash or a reset. Good Luck.
Vince.

1Mopar

Reaction score
Hello
I been through this before with other brands and FCA.
Please make an appointment at another dealer. But call Customer Care first and save all of your documentation.
it might be a simple flash or a reset. Good Luck.
Vince.
Thanks, This is the second dealership that I have been to with this problem. The deerskin in Prattville still has a ticket open for this problem when I go back. Maybe they can fix it this time.

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks, This is the second dealership that I have been to with this problem. The deerskin in Prattville still has a ticket open for this problem when I go back. Maybe they can fix it this time.
Everyone has this problem, I don't believe I heard from one 12" Uconnect owner with this working properly, search the forum.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My travelink weather radar has never worked peoperly. Will randomly flash up radar, then back to just the map

1Mopar

Reaction score
Weather radar never worked on my 2020. Bought it in Aug 2020 as well.

Did you have 5 mos or 12 mos of free Sirius Guardian with the purchase. It's been 6 months so maybe the trial ran out. If not call them up and check.
Yes I did contact Sirius and they said that my subscription is still active and that everything looked good on their end. It will come on sometime when you first turn this on but after about 10 or 15 seconds it goes blank.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yes I did contact Sirius and they said that my subscription is still active and that everything looked good on their end. It will come on sometime when you first turn this on but after about 10 or 15 seconds it goes blank.
I tried going through sirius. They said they saw an issue and sent a refresh signal, which was supposed to fix it. Still never worked, so gave up on it.

1Mopar

Reaction score
I tried going through sirius. They said they saw an issue and sent a refresh signal, which was supposed to fix it. Still never worked, so gave up on it.
I talked with Ram customer service and they started a Case number on it. They said that they will get with the dealer and get back with me when they figure out a solution to the problem. I guess i will find out if later as to what happens. I will repost on here if I hear back from Ram customer service.

1Mopar

Reaction score
I talked with Ram customer service and they started a Case number on it. They said that they will get with the dealer and get back with me when they figure out a solution to the problem. I guess i will find out if later as to what happens. I will repost on here if I hear back from Ram customer service.
Update...I drove my truck yesterday and the whole system froze up. No radio, xm, fm or am. No sound ....screen would not respond. Assist button did not work. I pulled over and turned the truck off. Waited about 5 minutes and restarted...everything went back to working. Puzzled at WTF is going on.

INVISBLE

Reaction score
Ha- they will get back to you with a solution... that's a laugh. They have no solution. There is no solution.

Tmcb

Reaction score
I have been waiting 15 months. Told a Star Case was open.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I gave up on mine ever working and haven't even tried for months

LV426

Reaction score
I have all the services still that came with the truck, (Guardian, Travel link, Traffic, Uconnect, whatever) and I pay for the hotspot and the Radar still sucks.... It never updates, I'm driving through a rainstorm and nothing is on the map. The radio works fine, GPS works, this has something to do with the half baked service. The Uconnect is also somewhat unreliable, I can remote start/unlock/lock from the phone but the location finder never works. I'll mention this when they come crying for me to renew...

>>>Hello Ramcares, any comments on this matter?<<<

Users who are viewing this thread