5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Racks and Side Rails

drad5757

Reaction score
Has anyone put a rack on the bed of their truck? How about side rails? I've been looking to put a Magnum headache rack and rails which are stake pocket mounted. The problem I see is the front stake pockets are further apart than the rear, which will cause the rails not to be parallel. Why on earth would the stake pockets not be evenly spaced? I have looked at a bunch of other trucks and only the Ram seems to have this problem.

Reaction score
It's been a while since you posted but I'm going to install Thule Xsporter racks this week, it will be the 3rd truck I have used them on (so far). The original cost was a little high, but they're universal, adjustable and don't look too hideous. They even make them in black now. I'm going to start a new thread later today since there are a couple of questions I have about the bed rails in this truck. Good luck with your search.

Users who are viewing this thread