5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rack & Pinion for 2019 Longhorn 1500

Senshi

Reaction score
Has anyone have / had problems with rack and pinion locking up steering?
Geez, almost killed us.
Towed to the dealer, been there 2+ weeks, dealer say "national back orders" for these, no eta?????
Part number 68466114AB
I called other authorized Mopar parts dealers and heard similar??
Anyone heard of this or have extra one lying around?

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Has anyone have / had problems with rack and pinion locking up steering?
Geez, almost killed us.
Towed to the dealer, been there 2+ weeks, dealer say "national back orders" for these, no eta?????
Part number 68466114AB
I called other authorized Mopar parts dealers and heard similar??
Anyone heard of this or have extra one lying around?
It’s not unheard of to have back orders on some items because most of the ones being made are going into new trucks on the assembly line . What kind of problems were you having with the steering ?

Senshi

Reaction score
It’s not unheard of to have back orders on some items because most of the ones being made are going into new trucks on the assembly line . What kind of problems were you having with the steering ?
The assembly line issue is what I was told also..
Totally locked up when making right turn. Can not turn steering wheel more than 4" of so each way, screaming sound while try to turn steering wheel.. No wheel movement. SOB...

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The assembly line issue is what I was told also..
Totally locked up when making right turn. Can not turn steering wheel more than 4" of so each way, screaming sound while try to turn steering wheel.. No wheel movement. SOB...
I’ve never heard of that before . Sounds like it’s low on power steering fluid but these truck are electric steering so maybe a ground ? Sorry I honestly don’t know .

Le_Slacker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not specific to the parts you need but there are similar stories about delays on getting replacements for all kinds of parts in these forums, such as brake controllers, screens, tow hooks, etc
I would not be surprised if just about every part of the truck is in shortage when it comes to getting parts

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online