5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Quiet tires?

Smaack

Reaction score
Probably not the usual thread topic, but my truck is mostly used for commuting/ road tripping. I don't care how they look, but what I want is the quietest tires that transmit the least noise into the cab as possible. My truck has factory 20" wheels. 2021 Big horn. Suggestions?

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My 2019 Bighorn came with the Nexen Rodian tires (they later switched to the duellers I think) and they have been very quite and great all around tires. I only have about 10,000 miles on them so far so not sure how long they will wear but they have been much better than the goodyear SRA's that were stock on my 4th gen.

KcRay

Reaction score
Probably not the usual thread topic, but my truck is mostly used for commuting/ road tripping. I don't care how they look, but what I want is the quietest tires that transmit the least noise into the cab as possible. My truck has factory 20" wheels. 2021 Big horn. Suggestions?
Lots of good info here about tires, including them be quiet. What type of tire are you looking for, all terrain or all season?

Smaack

Reaction score
Lots of good info here about tires, including them be quiet. What type of tire are you looking for, all terrain or all season?
All season. I live in the South where snow is rarely an issue and don't plan on any off roading. My truck came with the Nexen Roadians, and they seem ok, but I really don't know anything about Nexen and the tires reviews on Tire Rack's site are pretty negative. I had a set of Pirelli Scorpion Verde's on the Cadillac XT5 I traded for this truck and they seemed pretty nice.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
All season. I live in the South where snow is rarely an issue and don't plan on any off roading. My truck came with the Nexen Roadians, and they seem ok, but I really don't know anything about Nexen and the tires reviews on Tire Rack's site are pretty negative. I had a set of Pirelli Scorpion Verde's on the Cadillac XT5 I traded for this truck and they seemed pretty nice.
I have no complaints about the Nexen's and found mostly positive reviews so I am suprised you don't like them and/or find them noisy. Are you looking toreplace them because you've had a bad experience with them or just trying to be proactive based on reviews? If I lived where it didn't snow I would keep them as they are as good or better than other all seasons I've had.

Anchor Down

Reaction score
I purchased a 2020 Laramie Sport and immediately installed Michelin MS2s! These are by far the quietest tire I have ever experienced. I also had them on my 2014. Read up on Tire Rack. It's a no brainer. They are not cheap but you will be immensely satisfied and they do very well in rain/snow. They do have a rebate going on right now.

Smaack

Reaction score
I have no complaints about the Nexen's and found mostly positive reviews so I am suprised you don't like them and/or find them noisy. Are you looking toreplace them because you've had a bad experience with them or just trying to be proactive based on reviews? If I lived where it didn't snow I would keep them as they are as good or better than other all seasons I've had.
I was being proactive. I don't have any real complaints about them. Just didn't know if people had found anything better

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I purchased a 2020 Laramie Sport and immediately installed Michelin MS2s! These are by far the quietest tire I have ever experienced. I also had them on my 2014. Read up on Tire Rack. It's a no brainer. They are not cheap but you will be immensely satisfied and they do very well in rain/snow. They do have a rebate going on right now.
I have 2019 Laramie Sport and replaced factory tires with the same Michelin tires MS2 thy are awesome tires! Will stay with them from here on out! Never got a rebate and still would buy them again!

Bearman95

Reaction score
I have Perelli all-terrain plus, Seems to be quieter than the bridge stones that actually came on the truck. I’ve had them for a little over a year! Size is 275/60/20.

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have Perelli all-terrain plus, Seems to be quieter than the bridge stones that actually came on the truck. I’ve had them for a little over a year! Size is 275/60/20.
I have the same tires/same size. They are definitely louder than the Bridgestones I took off. But, they sure look a lot better. I like that they don't have that "mushy" feel that the Bridgestones had too.

yankeefan31569

Ram Guru
Reaction score
what did they run you from tirerack?

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Discount tire will price match. I found a price drop online at Walmart for the Pirelli Scorpions that I got. I sent the Walmart link to Discount Tire (there is a link on Discount Tire page for price match) and Discount Tire matched the Walmart price. I saved $42 per tire and still got to go to my preferred store (Discount Tire).

MarkB67

Reaction score
I went with Thunderer Ranger ATr in 35x12.50R20 and LOVE THEM !!!!!! $750.00 for 4 on eBay, wouldn’t hesitate buying another set of them either, hardly any weight to balance and quiet on the highway

Attachments

• 90AE824C-701F-40A9-8480-D28F4A6F4A57.jpeg
    90AE824C-701F-40A9-8480-D28F4A6F4A57.jpeg
    146.9 KB · Views: 50

JohnnyLogo

Reaction score
The Falcon WildPeaks that came with my 2020 Big Horn 4x4 off road are actually pretty quiet for AT tires. The quietest tire I have ever had on a Pick up are Michelin MS2s...

neeginan

Reaction score
The Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenzas that came stock on my Ram 1500 are very quiet. Can't comment on road noise as mileage increases because I have never owned these for a long time.

Users who are viewing this thread