5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Quiet exhaust ... with power?

whosjk

Reaction score
I'm looking to pair a tuner with an intake and exhaust. I like a little rumble but not much and no drone.

What are my options for a quiet exhaust that'll give me some better lungs?

Anyone have this flowfx dual muffler? Will I get better performance with a full system over this?

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think that will be way loud then what your looking for. Want flow but not loud— I’d look at mufflex 18-24”. Direct fit with straight through flow just not a lot of noise.
again, this is all a preference thing. Our louds and quites aren’t going to be the same

Brodell65

Reaction score
Check out b2 fabrication. He has 3 different styles, moderate , aggressive, and straight pipe. I bought the aggressive n love it. Also many vids on you tube

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
General rule of thumb is the smaller the muffler the louder it is. Sounds like you want a 24" muffler.

popcenator

Reaction score
I honestly don't think an exhaust (excluding headers) is going to do much for you these days. They're mainly a noise enhancer. I didn't feel any change with my Borla cat-back, but I also didn't expect it to.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

terigox

Reaction score
Putting this on an old thread because when I kept searching for upgraded but quiet exhaust this thread came up.

I ended up putting on a Borla Touring with the optional resonator, and for anyone wanting a good sounding but still quiet exhaust it is a fantastic option.

I had the touring on but still found it a little too loud for me, especially on the highway with 35’s while towing anything (would sit in 6th or 7th). I added the optional resonator and it’s perfect. Just a bit louder than stock and much deeper.

Users who are viewing this thread