5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Questions with Fox 2.5, UCA, and wheel & tires

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hello,
I am wondering if I need UCA for my application?
Vehicle in question:
22 Rebel
Tires and wheels:
stock for now. Maybe go to 35s when the stock set is done.
Suspension set up:
Fox 2.5 resi w/ DSC Front 2-3" lift (883-06-166)

I know as a general rule of thumb, anything over 3 inch needs UCA to help correct wheel alignment. However, here's the part that got me scratching my head:
1. Rebels are 1 inch lifted already. If I do the extended travel kit (part #883-06-166) and leave it at 2 inch, that means I only get 1 inch of lift (or 2 inch of lift, compared to none Rebel/ ORG rigs). Am I correct?
2. Will I need UCA if I am only leaving it at 2 inch lift?
3. Assuming I need UCA at 2 inch (or 3 inch, if I can find suitable springs for the rear), will the stock wheel fit with no rubbing/ touching on UCA? Or I need to shell out more money for wheels? Is there any UCA that fit stock wheels?

I can't seem to find the information regarding stock UCA and 2-3 inch lift; all threads and discussions that I came across are all regarding Fox 2.5 with aftermarket UCAs or more lift than I need.

Thanks!

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
After some research, math, and conversion, here's my finding:

Most UCA needs at least 4.5" of backspacing.
Rebel wheel's specs are:
18X8, ET19
Which roughly translates to 5.25in of backspacing when using the conversion chart here

With that in mind, that answers my 3rd question.

Moto21

Reaction score
the problem is the fox's have a 24" extended length and the stock UCA at full droop doesn't allow enough range of motion so the ball joint binds up.

Users who are viewing this thread