5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Questions on DIY Shock Sensor for our OEM Alarms

Love2driveRAM19

Reaction score
I came across this youtube link below explaining how to add the Shock sensor to our OEM Alarm. This Shock sensor has an adjustment to adjust the sensitivity level.

The part# 504D DEI Stinger Double-Guard Shock Sensor are cheap. Ranging from $13-$20.

I saw some other threads about the sensors, figured if I could find something within my abilities I would give it a try. Let me know the pros/cons.

ramhead

Reaction score
Seems like a real mess....also, if it causes problems with factory wiring, electronics, etc. you can be sure it will void warranty coverage. He did use T taps which are removable (but also have issues sometimes with good connections & losing contact) so you could get away with taking them out if there was an issue vs soldering or splicing them in so there's that.

Love2driveRAM19

Reaction score
Appreciate the response ramhead.

Pretty much any Mod I consider it gets the question of "will it void warranty" or is it OEM/by dealership etc. So, I understand the risk involved with wiring, electronics.

Definitely understand about the T-taps.

From a "mess" perspective...most wiring can look like a birds nest at some point if you let it get like that. I am slow and know it but have the time to be slow and alternative vehicle to leave it alone and come back to it!!!
You should have saw my BMW when I changed out the Oil Filter Housing Gasket; that vehicle had more labels (painters tape i.d. part where it went) than our pantry.

Where are the techs....shade tree mech's....those that have been there before. I know someone had to have done this job?????

ramhead

Reaction score
Appreciate the response ramhead.

Pretty much any Mod I consider it gets the question of "will it void warranty" or is it OEM/by dealership etc. So, I understand the risk involved with wiring, electronics.

Definitely understand about the T-taps.

From a "mess" perspective...most wiring can look like a birds nest at some point if you let it get like that. I am slow and know it but have the time to be slow and alternative vehicle to leave it alone and come back to it!!!
You should have saw my BMW when I changed out the Oil Filter Housing Gasket; that vehicle had more labels (painters tape i.d. part where it went) than our pantry.

Where are the techs....shade tree mech's....those that have been there before. I know someone had to have done this job?????

I'm with ya.....I've done it all before on my older previous vehicles....alarms, stereo installs, etc and agree that a peek "behind the curtain" would look like your aptly described "bird's nest" of bundled wiring. I wish you luck if you attempt it - don't think I want to risk it at this point or at least until out of warranty...btw, don't know if you saw the other thread about shock sensors but there is a website (www.addshocksensor.com) that offers a specific setup for our trucks (@ $155) - that one requires splicing into factory wiring but I'm sure T taps could be used in place in order to reverse install if needed :

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/