5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Questions for the AlfaOBD gurus

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
I have the obdlink mx+ adapter and a security bypass cable. I downloaded the free version of the alfa app to see what it's about before I buy the usable app. Obviously you can't make any changes with the free version. I havent connected anything to my 2021 BTS yet but my concern is, the free app doesn't show or at least I can't find where to disable the fog light drop out. I've looked in the body computer among others for the fog light drop out setting and I can't find it. I haven't actually mated anything to the truck yet and this is the free version to play and become a little familiar with before I make any actual changes to the truck. If I plug into the truck will it show what the actual changes that can and can't be done to my 21 or will it be the same as the free demo app? I've read through the $h!tload of alfa threads and my eyes go crossed because there's juat too much to process. I want to gather as much info as i can before i do something that will mess up the warranty the truck still has. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It should be there. You need to go under car configuration change and then you can search for fog. It should show up

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
It should be there. You need to go under car configuration change and then you can search for fog. It should show up
The only things I see for fog lights is this circled in red and "right down fog light" and "right down fog light" not dhown in the picture. Like i said, this is the demo app, not the paid app but thats all i can find Screenshot_20221023-192244_AlfaOBD Demo.jpg

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Go down all the way to the bottom and look for car configuration change. Then in the next drop down, search for fog.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
^that. I’ve seen it, just can’t remember if it’s under car config 7 or not.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
Go down all the way to the bottom and look for car configuration change. Then in the next drop down, search for fog.
I finally found it. Thank you. This is precisely why I'm messing with the demo version so I don't screw up anything. Again thank you

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I finally found it. Thank you. This is precisely why I'm messing with the demo version so I don't screw up anything. Again thank you

Yea, you were in diagnostics, not car configuration change.

Just make sure you know the steps to read the system ID and upload the BCM to google drive. There's also a new option (since 6 months now?) to save the BCM as a data file that can be restored.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
Yea, you were in diagnostics, not car configuration change.

Just make sure you know the steps to read the system ID and upload the BCM to google drive. There's also a new option (since 6 months now?) to save the BCM as a data file that can be restored.
Thanks for that heads up. I plan on uploading to factory setting to Google drive. I did see that option as I was playing around with it.

Users who are viewing this thread