5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question Regarding Zone 4" Lift

JTVik84

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I couldn't find a definite answer to my question with the search button. I have a 2021 Ram 1500 Built to Serve edition which I believe is equipped with the ORG. The time is up where I need tires and I'm looking to put 35's. I think Ive narrowed it down to the 4" Zone Lift kit. The website says that if I have the ORG package then to get the Ram Rebel 4" lift. Can anyone verify this? Also, this will lift 4" on top of my current 1"?

For some reason this is a 4" Front with a 5" rear...Why is that? This is the kit I need to get for my BTS?

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
According to this post, the BTS does come with ORP springs. Which I believe are the same as the Rebel. So according to the website, you should be Ok with the Zone 4” Rebel lift in your link. I would call the manufacturer just to confirm.

IMG_9443.jpeg

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, you want to use the rebel equivalent. The BTS has the 1" taller springs due to the ORG. It doesn't share the same oem shocks as a rebel however.

JTVik84

Reaction score
OK. So I will try for the rebel 4" zone lift. You guys know if I should get 35x12x5 or shoot for a little narrower to be safe. Looking at a 20x9 wheel with a 0 - 10mm offset.

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
OK. So I will try for the rebel 4" zone lift. You guys know if I should get 35x12x5 or shoot for a little narrower to be safe. Looking at a 20x9 wheel with a 0 - 10mm offset.
This is what BDS recommends for their 4"
  • 35 x 12.5 with 20 x 9 and 5 in. Backspace
If keeping stock wheels you need narrower tires or wheel spacers. I run 34x11.50 (roughly actually 275/65r20s) because I kept my stock wheels and only have about 2.5" of total lift.

I'm eager to see how it turns out. Considering going to 35s and a nice suspension upgrade and lift once my truck rolls over 100k.

JTVik84

Reaction score
I'd by wheels. 20x9 seems good. What does 5" of backspace correlate to in terms of offset?

JerryBsizzle

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I couldn't find a definite answer to my question with the search button. I have a 2021 Ram 1500 Built to Serve edition which I believe is equipped with the ORG. The time is up where I need tires and I'm looking to put 35's. I think Ive narrowed it down to the 4" Zone Lift kit. The website says that if I have the ORG package then to get the Ram Rebel 4" lift. Can anyone verify this? Also, this will lift 4" on top of my current 1"?

For some reason this is a 4" Front with a 5" rear...Why is that? This is the kit I need to get for my BTS?
I have already went through this. I have the BTS with a 6" BDS. The 4" up front is just a spacer stacked onto your stock suspension, which will result in 5" more height than a stock non ORG truck. The rear gets the entire spring replaced so you lose that +1 you had. The 5" mentioned for the rear is over a stock non ORG truck, so it will equal 4" higher than what you are now. Believe me, I went through all of this.

JTVik84

Reaction score
I have already went through this. I have the BTS with a 6" BDS. The 4" up front is just a spacer stacked onto your stock suspension, which will result in 5" more height than a stock non ORG truck. The rear gets the entire spring replaced so you lose that +1 you had. The 5" mentioned for the rear is over a stock non ORG truck, so it will equal 4" higher than what you are now. Believe me, I went through all of this.
I'm glad I found someone who has almost the same truck as me. This is my first Ram. I bought this truck new a couple years ago. I came from a couple Tundras before this. Ive always done levels and mild lifts that I didnt have to mess with cutting anything. Just spacers and struts. I only considered gping with the larger lift because I have a crew with a long bed. I feel the longer wheelbase needs a tad bigger lift..id say Im sort of mechanically inclined, is there alot of cutting involved with this kit? And once I cut, can this ever be undone. It's nerve racking cutting this truck but I don't think I'll be happy with the 3.5.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Yep, what Jerry said. If you’re getting the standard 4” lift kit that uses front spacers then your truck will sit 4” taller than it currently is because you’re still using your 1” lifted coil from the ORG. The rear however should be only 3” or 4” to get you level. 5” rear lift is what the 6” lift kits come with so I’d call about that to be sure so you don’t ride around with the stink bug look lol.

Now if you choose to get Fox coilovers that replace your ORG struts, thennn 4” will net you only 3” up front since it’s replacing the 1” lift you already have. Make sense?

JTVik84

Reaction score
Yep, what Jerry said. If you’re getting the standard 4” lift kit that uses front spacers then your truck will sit 4” taller than it currently is because you’re still using your 1” lifted coil from the ORG. The rear however should be only 3” or 4” to get you level. 5” rear lift is what the 6” lift kits come with so I’d call about that to be sure so you don’t ride around with the stink bug look lol.

Now if you choose to get Fox coilovers that replace your ORG struts, thennn 4” will net you only 3” up front since it’s replacing the 1” lift you already have. Make sense?
Ya. The 4" zone rebel/off road kit actually says 5" in the back which like Jerry says would take the place of the current 1" springs and add 5" therfore netting 4" over what I have and matching the 4" lift up front. How big of a job is the install on these 4 and 6" kits. Is the 4" worth the increase when I can get 2.5 by just adding struts and upper control arms? I've done alot of automotive work in my time but never cut the frame of a 2 year old 50k$ truck lol. I just wanna make sure I know what I'm getting into.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Ya. The 4" zone rebel/off road kit actually says 5" in the back which like Jerry says would take the place of the current 1" springs and add 5" therfore netting 4" over what I have and matching the 4" lift up front. How big of a job is the install on these 4 and 6" kits. Is the 4" worth the increase when I can get 2.5 by just adding struts and upper control arms? I've done alot of automotive work in my time but never cut the frame of a 2 year old 50k$ truck lol. I just wanna make sure I know what I'm getting into.
Yeah…problem is the rear of your truck is already probably 2-2.5” taller in the rear. So if you get 4” front and rear, your rear will still be 2-2.5” taller and look super goofy lol.

I started with 4” height and then went to 5.5” height and honestly man, I would absolutely recommend just doing 3” height Fox 2.5” Coilovers with UCAs (they’ll net you 2” up front), keeping the stock rear coils and getting Fox 2.5” piggyback shocks. Cutting the frame for your lift kit will instantly void your suspension warranty (I experienced it first hand). And I’ve run into multiple people who have had front diff failures on 4-6” kits (myself included) that resulted in a $5k repair bill on my 2 month old truck, because of the way it’s designed. For cost, performance, warranty, and reliability I would do 3” lift all day long before going to a true lift kit.

Truckone176

Reaction score
Yeah…problem is the rear of your truck is already probably 2-2.5” taller in the rear. So if you get 4” front and rear, your rear will still be 2-2.5” taller and look super goofy lol.

I started with 4” height and then went to 5.5” height and honestly man, I would absolutely recommend just doing 3” height Fox 2.5” Coilovers with UCAs (they’ll net you 2” up front), keeping the stock rear coils and getting Fox 2.5” piggyback shocks. Cutting the frame for your lift kit will instantly void your suspension warranty (I experienced it first hand). And I’ve run into multiple people who have had front diff failures on 4-6” kits (myself included) that resulted in a $5k repair bill on my 2 month old truck, because of the way it’s designed. For cost, performance, warranty, and reliability I would do 3” lift all day long before going to a true lift kit.
I have a Sport non-offroad and want to be able to go to a 35" tire, I was also looking at the Zone/BDS 4" lift kit. Would the Fox 2.5 coilovers clear a 35" tire? I currently have the stock 22" rims and was wanting to go to a 20" or even possibly a 18" wheel as I like the look of more sidewall. With that in mind, would you happen to know what backspacing I would need? I do not want the wheels to stick out past the fenders though.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I have a Sport non-offroad and want to be able to go to a 35" tire, I was also looking at the Zone/BDS 4" lift kit. Would the Fox 2.5 coilovers clear a 35" tire? I currently have the stock 22" rims and was wanting to go to a 20" or even possibly a 18" wheel as I like the look of more sidewall. With that in mind, would you happen to know what backspacing I would need? I do not want the wheels to stick out past the fenders though.
Yep 35s fit on 2.5” coilovers all day long! If you don’t want them sticking out past the fenders do 0 offset and you’ll be happy! I’ll also add that if you decide on 20s, Nitto makes the Recon Grappler in a 315/60r20 (35x12.50r20) size with an XL load rating - not an LT rating, so it would ride even better than your truck stock! If you get LT tires it’ll still ride great because you’re adding more sidewall, but the XL load should be way more compliant on the road and still look aggressive.

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Fox 2.5's with 35X12.5's.
Trucktruck.jpg

Fbird

Reaction score
clearance is mostly based on the wheel offset. The further the wheel sticks out (ie...OFFSET) the more things need to be "adjusted" to fit. My 35 x 12.5's would have been a BOLT on with my lift had I ordered the proper wheel. ARGHHH but no...i ordered a -23mm offset so I had to bend a tab on the botttom of front fender and heat/adjust my plastic inner fenders to stay out of the way. Also NOTE: If i weree running maybe Cooper's 35 x 12.5 instead of the BFG's i would probably gain 1/2" on the edges as they ar not as "square edged" as the BFG's

Do note OP...that Zone kit listed requires 20" rims ...minimum to clear the tie rod ends as it replaces the entide knucle assembly LOWERING the wheel centerline (raising the truck) but keeping the same steering geometry location. 18 wheels will not fit on most of the "knuckle type" lift kits.

Last edited:

JerryBsizzle

Reaction score
"18 wheels will not fit on any of the "knuckle type" lift kits"

I wouldn't say won't fit ANY. My BDS kit can for 18"s with a certain backspace. Says it in the documentation.

Screenshot_20231125_060909_Chrome.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread