5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question on Saving HUD Settings

n8zcc

Reaction score
My 2022 Longhorn came with the HUD option. I've read the owners' manual and the Uconnect 5 manual but my concern is not addressed.

I set up the HUD's operating parameters, the brightness, location, and one of the display formats. Hit the "save" and all is good until the next ignition cycle where all the HUD settings are reset to their default values. What am I doing wrong?

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you have seat memory, I would try resaving your seat memory. I don't know specifically but it might be tied to that as well.

n8zcc

Reaction score
If you have seat memory, I would try resaving your seat memory. I don't know specifically but it might be tied to that as well.
I have memory seats and FOB personalization. I've redone those setting several times, it doesn't change the HUD settings behavior. The problem with an issue like this is who do you ask. The service department well, do I need to say more. Uconnect, this isn't their issue. I think I will talk to my sales guy, he is an older gentleman that seems connected. Maybe he can find an answer or someone that can direct me to someone responsible. Seems like a strange problem.

It will be like a Windows issue, reload or reboot. They will start me down the path of resets and after I got all the settings set up to my liking. :(

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
My 2021 does not lose the HUD settings. The service department is who I would speak with, but maybe I'm a little spoiled with having a dealership with a good service department. Sorry, I don't have any answers for you, but I'm just wondering if anyone else with a 2022 is seeing this issue?

n8zcc

Reaction score
My 2021 does not lose the HUD settings. The service department is who I would speak with, but maybe I'm a little spoiled with having a dealership with a good service department. Sorry, I don't have any answers for you, but I'm just wondering if anyone else with a 2022 is seeing this issue?
2022 brought with it Uconnect 5. I would also like to know if other 2022 owners see the same thing., may just be a software issue.

Congratulation on having a good service department to go to. I don't have that but my dealership does have an exceptional diesel mechanic.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
What kind of Housing and Urban Development offerings come with a Longhorn?

MrByh20

Reaction score
I’ve got the same issue as yours and it not saving my preferred settings. Did anyone find out the resolution for this? Is the service dept truly able to fix this? I’ve got the 5th gen ram limited. That’s the only thing I’ve found to not work correctly

n8zcc

Reaction score
I’ve got the same issue as yours and it not saving my preferred settings. Did anyone find out the resolution for this? Is the service dept truly able to fix this? I’ve got the 5th gen ram limited. That’s the only thing I’ve found to not work correctly
Yes. The messaging is confusing from the HUD setup display. While it saves the setting it doesn't remember it between key cycles. Once you set up the HUD, hit the memory save buttons on the door to save it into your driver's profile memory.

A little tidbit they left out of the manual :(

Ducky5

Reaction score
I set mine up ('22 Limited) the day I got it from the dealer. I believe some of the settings were on the 12'' screen and after I saved it, everything is fine.

Users who are viewing this thread