5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question on getting OTA update

dalailama23

Reaction score
My 12 inch screen is on version 18.27.17 , equalizer 3.1 i see on other post the newest version is 20.04.19 , equalizer 4.1 . I called uconnect they told me i had to call Sirius guardian which i did , they sent a refresh signal and told me to wait 15-20 minutes. i did this and have driven around for hours on sat radio nothing. Anybody got some thought on how to get the update? Friends with same truck have gotten OTA's i have never received one.

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Neither have I but I just assumed it’s because I’m in Canada . I’ll have to take mine into the dealer for the update .

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My 12 inch screen is on version 18.27.17 , equalizer 3.1 i see on other post the newest version is 20.04.19 , equalizer 4.1 . I called uconnect they told me i had to call Sirius guardian which i did , they sent a refresh signal and told me to wait 15-20 minutes. i did this and have driven around for hours on sat radio nothing. Anybody got some thought on how to get the update? Friends with same truck have gotten OTA's i have never received one.
I'm on the same 12" version with EQ 3.4. I have a feeling I'll need to go into the dealer to see anything new, so I may ask them to check it when I get a tire rotation (sometime this summer). However, everything works great on my system now...I don't want to update for the sake of updating ;)

Reaction score
I am also in Canada and just got my uconnect updated by the dealer and it is now on sw version 18.45.4 and EQ4.1.

I am not sure if get the same updates as our amerifriends down south.

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I believe if you are on an earlier version that 18.45 it will require a manual update from the dealer.

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Don't waste your time to call Uconnect or Sirius, won't get you anywhere, just go to your dealer and ask for update.

Bluesurf

Reaction score
My Guardian is now up. Does this mean no more future uconnect updates over the air? Is the only way at the dealer?

Psimpson

Reaction score
Did you get a recall notice about the backup camera staying on, think it was W22 or something similar? That update should get you to 20.04.19

Bluesurf

Reaction score
Did you get a recall notice about the backup camera staying on, think it was W22 or something similar? That update should get you to 20.04.19
I got that while I still had Guardian a few weeks ago. I'm wondering if I will still get the OTA updates?

Psimpson

Reaction score
If everything is working as it should, I wouldn't worry, Maybe 20.04.19 is the end all. (highly doubt it but we can hope)

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got that while I still had Guardian a few weeks ago. I'm wondering if I will still get the OTA updates?

If you received the recall notice about backup camera and didn't get it done yet at dealer, then it will push OTA for you eventually.

Users who are viewing this thread