5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question on FCA Coupons

Paultg

Reaction score
I purchased some Ram black running boards from a dealer here in NH. Part#82215301AC

I paid $421 for them and they had them in stock. No shipping required.

What I thought was strange is they would not allow me to use the 15% off coupon attached. They said the parts/accessories were already at employee pricing and no further discounts were allowed.
I found the parts online from BAM wholesale for close to $400 but then freight is $100 so I sort of decided to deal with it.
Just curious if what I was told is normal or not. Trying to decide if this is a place I want to continue doing business with or not. Thanks - Paul G.

Attachments

• coupon 15 per acc.pdf
    157.3 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

Kooch80

Reaction score
i used that coupon when i bought the bed step from my dealer in Washington. no issues. sounds like you need to go to a different dealership so as not to be getting f'd

RJS

Reaction score
Dealers usually sell at or close to list price which is over $500 dollars. You paid close to the low prices from the on-line discounters so stay with these folks. It would be nice to have a dealer close to me that discounted this deep.
My dealer is usually under list by a small amount and will allow the 15% coupon but I would have paid more than you did.
I think you have found a Unicorn so stay with them.

TheMopars

Reaction score
Dealers usually sell at or close to list price which is over $500 dollars. You paid close to the low prices from the on-line discounters so stay with these folks. It would be nice to have a dealer close to me that discounted this deep.
My dealer is usually under list by a small amount and will allow the 15% coupon but I would have paid more than you did.

X2

Paultg

Reaction score
Ok great. That is how they explained it to me. List with 15% off would be more money. They didn’t explain it well at first but I wasn’t a jerk about it either. Glad what they said was true. Thanks. - Paul G.

U

User_3336

Well, I was thinking giving this to my brother where he could get some running boards for his Tradesman.
Don't wanna argue with the dealer, for sure.
Why put them out if they're not going to honor them?

What is so annoying IS that they will slap these boards on a NEW truck on the lot, and charge $1499 as an "add-on".

Last edited by a moderator:
U

User_3336

The problem is that you can find them online, but then they want $250 for shipping. Seriously?

Shives

Reaction score
I used a 15% off last week. Got me my window rain guards, OEM ram version. No problem with coupon, just had to have it printed.
What I find is sad at the dealerships, the parts team does not want to help you find accessories. At Harley, we will sit and build what ever you want. Try to ask about different floor mats, or side steps, each time I got brushed off.
Sad AF when parts folks don’t want to sell parts to customers anymore.

U

User_3336

These boards are $512 directly from MOPAR, so maybe you did get a discount at the dealer.

These prices look higher on the website since the 15% coupon surfaced. Maybe they are compensating for the discount.

U

User_3336

ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Looks like you can order these online off the MOPAR site using the 15% as well.

I managed to find the discount code > > > 781234567897 < < < and it appears there is no shipping charge.
Sales tax of course is collected in all states.

These came out of $482 with tax. . . . $435.20 before tax.

Paultg

Reaction score
Ok so I did fine without the coupon. Thanks!

Attachments

• 24541963-1EE9-47B6-89CC-2FCBEAC0C29E.jpeg
    24541963-1EE9-47B6-89CC-2FCBEAC0C29E.jpeg
    102.9 KB · Views: 20
U

User_3336

Called local dealer, the will match the coupon, so I guess I will grab a set (damn sales tax). LOL

Users who are viewing this thread