5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question on air ride

KB RAM

Reaction score
My truck recently went in to have the compressor replaced and now that I have the truck back I am convinced OR1 and OR2 do not raise it to the same hieght as beforel. I have multiple pictures of what it use to look like but am asking for help confirming. Will someone please post a measurement from the floor to the top of the arch of the wheel well at the front of the truck on each setting. I know I'm asking for a lot but I'm taking the truck back on Monday and I want to make sure I have as much data as possible.

DanSkan

Reaction score
If you start from entry mode all the way down say at zero, aero up 1 1/2", normal at 2", OR1 at 3", and OR2 at 4" for the full 4" rise.

DanSkan

Reaction score
Rear of Aero mode may be higher than front. Rear at Aero should be the same as Normal since the front is supposed to lower 1/2" but not sure how both will measure in Aero mode.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If you start from entry mode all the way down say at zero, aero up 1 1/2", normal at 2", OR1 at 3", and OR2 at 4" for the full 4" rise.
Unless you also have the Off Road Group, in which case Aero is up 2.5, Normal up 3", Off Road up 4", and OR2 doesn't exist.

The whole truck lowers in Aero mode...the rake is unchanged.

REBEL 2.0

Reaction score
Or if you live in the GREAT WHITE NORTH it lowers to the axles and stays there for two weeks,until the polar vortex buggers off!

KB RAM

Reaction score
thank you for all the replies. Just to confirm from entry/exit to OR2 the front should have a total of 4inches of travel? Can a 2nd member confirm that in the front only.

KB RAM

Reaction score
just measured and found the issue. For the record I have 5 inches of travel from entry/exit to OR2. my issue is the rear drivers side is 1/2 lower on all levels compared to passenger side. Front D and P side are dead even.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
just measured and found the issue. For the record I have 5 inches of travel from entry/exit to OR2. my issue is the rear drivers side is 1/2 lower on all levels compared to passenger side. Front D and P side are dead even.
That’s surprising, as the air springs are supposed to have 4” of travel.

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I have a rebel, unsure if my measurements would equal yours with the ORP (supposedly yes), I've been wanting to take measurements at some point.

It sounds like they did not calibrate the air shocks properly to end up with 1/2 exact difference at all levels

Users who are viewing this thread