5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question for those with air ride and links/spacers

HailState

Reaction score
Do you feel like the ride is still as good as factory?

Can you fit 35’s without trimming?

Do all air level settings still work appropriately?

NewTruckWhoDis

Reaction score
I ran some homemade versions of the links for a while. Ride quality was still pretty decent. I never used the daystar spacers, but the Rough Country lift I have now uses spacers for a similar purpose, and the ride quality feels exactly like stock to me.

I could not fit 35's without having to remove the front mud flap and bending back the metal mounting bracket. For reference, I have Atturo Trail Blades X/T. They could be taller than similar tires, but I doubt it. I also ended up trimming some of the fender liner, but you can probably get away with not doing that.

My off-road 2 was hit or miss. I think if you make the links yourself, and set the length so that you get a more mild lift, you can get full use of all air modes.

BJB

Reaction score
Do you feel like the ride is still as good as factory?

Can you fit 35’s without trimming?

Do all air level settings still work appropriately?
I leveled my Rebel with Revel Performance front links and 2.5" daystar spacers. The ride is as good as factory and all air level settings work perfectly. I run 285/65R20 KO2s. Only had very minor trim with front Mopar molded mud guards.

HailState

Reaction score
I leveled my Rebel with Revel Performance front links and 2.5" daystar spacers. The ride is as good as factory and all air level settings work perfectly. I run 285/65R20 KO2s. Only had very minor trim with front Mopar molded mud guards.
Thanks for the response. Any pics?

BJB

Reaction score
Thanks for the response. Any pics?
Here you go. If it would be helpful to see in daylight and a better full shot view just let me know.

Attachments

• Rebel 1.jpg
    Rebel 1.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 69
  • Rebel2.jpg
    Rebel2.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 67
Reaction score
@BJB, would you mind sending a link for the daystar kit you used? I'm having trouble finding the correct kit for my 2021 Limited. Thank you for the info!

iLikeTurtles

Reaction score
I had issues with dealers not willing to install the spacer and links.

So I basically have given up, as much as I have other people that can install them I have a 100k bumper to bumper. Do think they make a nice difference in stance.

BJB

Reaction score
@BJB, would you mind sending a link for the daystar kit you used? I'm having trouble finding the correct kit for my 2021 Limited. Thank you for the info!
I bought the daystar kit on Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/Daystar-Leve...=KC09113BK&qid=1606513275&s=automotive&sr=1-1). Also, you can buy the Revel performance links and daystar kit together on Revel's website (https://www.revelperformance.com/lifts/2019-ram-1500-daystar-adjustable-air-sensor-links/).

BJB

Reaction score
I had issues with dealers not willing to install the spacer and links.

So I basically have given up, as much as I have other people that can install them I have a 100k bumper to bumper. Do think they make a nice difference in stance.
I ran into the same issue with Ram dealers. I'm in Wisconsin and Toys for Trucks (https://toysfortrucks.com/) did the work for me. They let me know it was very easy to do, so I'm sure many shops in your area would be willing to take this on for you. Toys for Trucks even ran my truck over to the Ram dealer to have my wheels aligned and speedometer recalibrated - awesome customer service.

iLikeTurtles

Reaction score
I ran into the same issue with Ram dealers. I'm in Wisconsin and Toys for Trucks (https://toysfortrucks.com/) did the work for me. They let me know it was very easy to do, so I'm sure many shops in your area would be willing to take this on for you. Toys for Trucks even ran my truck over to the Ram dealer to have my wheels aligned and speedometer recalibrated - awesome customer service.
I’m particular to requesting a RAM dealer do the install, not that others cannot do a better job just makes pointing a finger easier

Users who are viewing this thread