5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question For Those With A Vitesse

kevinjones1997

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I finally got around to installing my Vitesse throttle controller a couple days ago. The calibration process didn't go as smoothly as I was hoping. I had to try it several times because the instructions list some specific messages you're supposed to see on the controller screen during calibration that I never saw. I do believe I finally got it installed/calibrated, but did see a check engine light upon initial startup. It went away after about two hours of driving around and a few start ups.

Everything seems to be working fine, but I do have one question. I have the controller set to Sport 3, or "SP3" on the controller screen. However, when I press the gas pedal, the screen text changes to what I believe to be an "A" and then a number like 25-30-35-40- depending on how hard I press the pedal. When I lay off the pedal and am coasting or idling, the screen returns to the "SP3" text. For those who have this product installed, does yours behave the same way? Just want to make sure I am not the only one experiencing this.

Thanks in advance.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Mine does the same thing. The number on the screen changes with throttle position. Sounds like yours behaves the same way mine does.

Users who are viewing this thread