5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question For Those Who Wash Their Trucks At Home

greenlawnracing

Reaction score
I’ve gotten my best/quickest results doing this:
1) Pressure wash the truck. I have a $100 Ryobi one that works flawlessly. Added quick disconnects, a longer hose, and a snubby gun and it’s awesome.
2) Wash with either the 2 bucket method with a good car wash soap (I use chemical guys V07, but there’s plenty of good ones), or use the same soap with a foam cannon. Get a cheap cannon & a 1mm orifice and it’ll spray like the expensive ones. I spray the foam cannon and wash with a microfiber madness sponge in 4 sections because if you foam the whole truck you won’t have foam on it by the time you get to the other side.
3) Rinse
4) Dry with a powerful leaf blower for 90% of the water
5) Spray on a detailing spray/wax of your choice. I use P&S beadmaker and CG banana spray wax.
6) Dry the remaining water on the truck with a carpros microfiber towel using the products as a drying aid & waxing the truck in 1 step.
7) Clean windows with invisible glass. Spray, wipe down with a carpros edgeless microfiber, then hit it again with a dry microfiber. Leaves NO streaks.
8) Shine tires & wheel liners with CG Tire Kicker with a horsehair brush to rub it into the knobby tires.
9) Clean wheels with same combo of beadmaker and spray wax.
10) Admire!
I need to get an extension pole because I can’t even really reach the middle of my roof with a 3 step ladder lol.
I use a similar method, although not nearly as intricate as you. I just migrated to a Ryobi 1900 psi electric, and would like to add some quick disconnects. I am currently using one for the water hose, but not the wandDo you mind sending me some links with pictures, as well as view 1 mm orfice and wand info? Was thinking of going all in and mounting it to the wall/adding a hose reel.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I use a similar method, although not nearly as intricate as you. I just migrated to a Ryobi 1900 psi electric, and would like to add some quick disconnects. I am currently using one for the water hose, but not the wandDo you mind sending me some links with pictures, as well as view 1 mm orfice and wand info? Was thinking of going all in and mounting it to the wall/adding a hose reel.
Nice! I would love to do a wall mount with a hose reel but it won’t really work at my house ☹️
I’ll add links to my whole setup in the post immediately after this one that way it’s easy for others to see too.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score

Attachments

• 9CE9148C-9F3B-4B14-8078-B03E2C9E3054.jpeg
    9CE9148C-9F3B-4B14-8078-B03E2C9E3054.jpeg
    135.5 KB · Views: 24
  • 18425516-A450-4F51-8C74-5638810E1F0E.jpeg
    18425516-A450-4F51-8C74-5638810E1F0E.jpeg
    154.4 KB · Views: 25
  • 626DABAB-A831-404B-AEC5-4C22F0FAE01D.jpeg
    626DABAB-A831-404B-AEC5-4C22F0FAE01D.jpeg
    127.3 KB · Views: 26
  • 9590D2DC-76A8-4132-B815-1E6D5D5FDE57.jpeg
    9590D2DC-76A8-4132-B815-1E6D5D5FDE57.jpeg
    123 KB · Views: 26

Accessory.Parts

Reaction score
I'm half and half car wash and at home. I use a small electric Ryobi pressure washer, Chemical Guys foam cannon and Chemical Guys Mr. Pink. Some generic Amazon hand mitt to scrub it all down and generic Amazon microfiber towels to dry. Chemical Guys Speed Wipe Quick Detailer is what I swear by though. I use it to clean it up before going out, just spray it on, wipe it off and your "refreshed".

I had to answer the question so I could now tell a funny / horror story about washing at home..

My wife decided one day to wake up super early while I was still asleep and wash my truck to "surprise me". She did NOT follow the instructions on the soap bottle... She filled the entire (32oz) foam cannon reservoir bottle up with straight Chemical Guys soap... You're suppose to put about 2oz into the 32oz bottle. She used the entire 32oz of straight soap. Needless to say, she woke me up after pressure washing the truck for about an hour and not being able to get the soap to stop coming off. I had probably a 1/8th inch layer of soap film on the truck when I came out to see her masterpiece. For about a month after the incident anytime it would rain I'd have soapy water just running off my truck. She reads instructions now.

greenlawnracing

Reaction score
Very helpful, although my bank account cringes.

For others: you can often get a deal on a return Ryobi pressure washer at DTO. I just paid $85 and saw it for $50 a week ago or so. Does not appear to be on sale this week.

Code2medic

Reaction score
I assume most use a car wash, but I still wash my own vehicles. One reason is the clear coat on my 2021 Ram is so smudge sensitive that I don't want it going through a mechanical wash at this time. Anyhow, what methods, tools, and materials have you found that work best for you and make the job a bit easier. Thanks

Kenny4
bring to detailer have them correct the paint pay for the ceramic coating g tech or any of the higher ends ones then enjoy. wash the truck with micro fiber and a ceramic safe soap with little is any hands on cleaning as most falls off from the hose pressure even rim dust then use a leaf blower and enjoy how hard you didn't have to work

OkDee

Reaction score
I use a garden hose.

Rubber bucket add in
Chemical Guys CWS_301_16 Citrus Wash & Gloss Foaming Car Wash Soap.

Use the
OPT 22516 Optimum Big Red Sponges.

Rinse with hose.

Then Use the The Rag Company - Eagle Edgeless 500 (4-Pack) Professional Korean 70/30 Blend Super Plush Microfiber Detailing Towels, to wipe down the truck.

Done deal.

Rubber bucket

Users who are viewing this thread