5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question for those who installed Bushwackers

stepbill

Reaction score
I received my Bushwacker fender flares today (50924-02) and when I held them up to my truck, the **** did not line up with the indent line of the truck. Also, the stock mud guards - it looks like you can remove the front one and the fender flare will cover it but what did you do about the rear since that is attached to a piece that runs along the bottom of the body? Hope this makes sense. I am going to have them done with truck bed liner but want to make sure they will fit right.

stepbill

Reaction score
I was unsure of it but took them to an installer and he was able to do it and the fit is good but not perfect. If I go over a bump I can hear a slight rubbing noise that was not there before. The look is great from a slight distance, you have to be up close to see the slight gaps at the tips of the fender flares. Would I do it again - probably. Love the look. I had them painted a matte black prior to install.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was unsure of it but took them to an installer and he was able to do it and the fit is good but not perfect. If I go over a bump I can hear a slight rubbing noise that was not there before. The look is great from a slight distance, you have to be up close to see the slight gaps at the tips of the fender flares. Would I do it again - probably. Love the look. I had them painted a matte black prior to install.
That rubbing is coming from the front flares. The very front of them where they go underneath the front fascia beneath the headlights. The fit is too tight and they are designed to tuck underneath that fascia. I got a dremel tool and trimmed the lip of the flare that tucks under the fascia. Since then I have not had any more squeaks. I also had to slightly dremel out and elongate the mounting holes that way I could get them to fit a little tighter. They still aren't perfect, but it's hard to see the imperfections unless you are looking for them.

Reaction score
Thanks for the updates. I think I'm going to pull the trigger and order a set of the bushwackers.

Users who are viewing this thread