5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question for those of you with Ramboxes...

Couchsachraga

Reaction score
I've heard that in previous generations if you popped the "end caps" of the bed corners (the part that isn't the ram box door) there were a few holes there that allowed you to bolt a rack down.

Do the new ones have those holes?

I've been looking in to racks (Dethloff for one... https://dethloffmfg.com/shop/contour-rack-rambox-ram-1500-and-rebel/ ), but also thinking about just welding up something quick to allow be to slide yakima roof bars across (I have an expedition rack I'd bolt to that, and would allow me a nice platform for all sorts of gear while still leaving the bed tonneau cover on.)

I'm still in D1 with a lot of good company:)

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If you are referring to stake pockets, the older trucks didn’t have them and I don’t know on the 2019

Couchsachraga

Reaction score
Not stake pockets... 3 or 4 bolt holes... the aftermarket racks bolt right up to them.

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have always heard it was almost impossible to find racks for rambox trucks, may you have better luck

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I am thinking of getting the mopar headache protecter, but am not sure if it will work with rambox

Users who are viewing this thread