5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question for Factory Sprayed-On Bedliner Owners

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Just picked up the truck for two recalls, oil change, CarPlay issue, AC coooling, and a squeak somewhere under the truck whenever moving it side to side or getting in or out of the truck (engine off). It almost sounds like loud crickets. I am not kidding.

Now, regarding the squeak...Turns out they determined that the bed bolts need to be re-torqued, but supposedly they were not able to do it because the bolts are covered by the factory sprayed-on liner...

Anyway, they will try to figure out what to do and get it done as soon as my CarPlay part (USB module, on backorder) arrives.

I told them whatever they do, they will have to figure it out and FCA will have to pay for a respray since they will have to cut the liner to get to the bolts, as this is a factory liner and that’s how it comes.

Has anyone heard of this before?

Thanks,
Neurobit

2wd

Reaction score
Factory liner here and no squeaks to report.

KcRay

Reaction score
Just picked up the truck for two recalls, oil change, CarPlay issue, AC coooling, and a squeak somewhere under the truck whenever moving it side to side or getting in or out of the truck (engine off). It almost sounds like loud crickets. I am not kidding.

Now, regarding the squeak...Turns out they determined that the bed bolts need to be re-torqued, but supposedly they were not able to do it because the bolts are covered by the factory sprayed-on liner...

Anyway, they will try to figure out what to do and get it done as soon as my CarPlay part (USB module, on backorder) arrives.

I told them whatever they do, they will have to figure it out and FCA will have to pay for a respray since they will have to cut the liner to get to the bolts, as this is a factory liner and that’s how it comes.

Thanks,
Neurobit

Thanks,
Neurobit
What did they do to for the ac cooling problem?

spark

Reaction score
I'm not 100% on this, but I believe there are 6 bolts for the bed that are all accessed from underneath the bed. I remember reading up on it before I had my liner sprayed because I was worried about it covering the access points. My bed had only two plastics covers in the bed, both in the same channel on the drivers side.

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the factory spray in bedliner and haven't had the need or thought about the bed bolts. I've had the tailgate access panel off and that had been sprayed separately and the little bolts were not covered.
I'd think the bed bolts, if they were sprayed could be separated using a boxcutter. Or like spark indicated, tighten the nuts from under the bed.

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Thanks,
Neurobit

I looked at my bed and cant see any signs of the bolts passing all the way through the bed of the truck, I have the factory spray liner and would think there would be some sign of the bolts visible in the coating. I have installed multiple body lifts on different trucks and have never encountered one where the bed bolts passed all the way through the bed floor. I did have a creak but figured out it was a zip tie rubbing on the underside of the floor board, doesn't sound like your issue but you never know. Several of us had it, you could hear inside and outside of the truck, pretty unbelievable how loud and annoying a little zip tie can be.

Users who are viewing this thread