5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question for Android Play users

Bwarren2

Reaction score
Am I crazy or does music sound better through android play compared to bluetooth streaming?

Dodgeboy

Reaction score
You aren't crazy. There is a lot more bandwidth for the music to stream over USB than bluetooth. This is not unique to the Ram.

John

Reaction score
Can you play Pandora thru Android Play, or are they both suppliers of music?

John

Gearwhine

Reaction score
Can you play Pandora thru Android Play, or are they both suppliers of music?

John

Yep. You can access Google Play Music, Spotify, Pandora, Amazon music unlimited, and a few others through the android play app (on screen). It's pretty sweet.

I do find it troublesome to access actual downloaded music on my phone's hard drive though. Sometime I can find it...sometimes I can't. Any input to help me out?

ForkliftFranky12

Reaction score
Interesting.....One of my big perks with this ram was bluetooth capability as I have never had this. In the past I always had to use an AUX cable and it was irritating at best. Quality was good just too many cables. I have noticed on my Ram playing music through spotify through the bluetooth that it seems to have interference.....which is annoying. I may have to try this Android Auto. This goes through the USB cable right?

Gearwhine

Reaction score
I have noticed on my Ram playing music through spotify through the bluetooth that it seems to have interference.....which is annoying.

That's interesting. My Bluetooth for audio is super clear. Audio quality is always diminished through a Bluetooth connection as opposed to hardwire, but it's still clear. You shouldn't have any interference...unless maybe you have a very old Bluetooth device creating the signal.

John

Reaction score
I can't seem to get Android Play to work on my 12" system. It just keeps saying no files found when I select USB as my source. I have tried it in USB 1 & 2. Nothing! I do have the app on my phone!

John

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I can't seem to get Android Play to work on my 12" system. It just keeps saying no files found when I select USB as my source. I have tried it in USB 1 & 2. Nothing! I do have the app on my phone!

John

Do you mean Google Play for music? Android Play is the app store... I'm using Amazon Music with no issues.

John

Reaction score
Do you mean Google Play for music? Android Play is the app store... I'm using Amazon Music with no issues.
I thought people are using Android Play to listen to Spotify, Pandora etc thru USB??

John

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Play is the store, do you mean Android Auto.?
Are you using, or do you have, Android Auto?

I'm using Amazon music through Android Auto to listen to music.
All I had to do was download the app and connect the phone.
Everything connects once the phone is in range and I plug in the USB cable (I went through several cables before I found one that worked).
Once Android Auto pops up I can select the headphones icon and stream Amazon Music.

I'm not sure about only using Spotify/Pandora as I don't use those apps.

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yep. You can access Google Play Music, Spotify, Pandora, Amazon music unlimited, and a few others through the android play app (on screen). It's pretty sweet.

I do find it troublesome to access actual downloaded music on my phone's hard drive though. Sometime I can find it...sometimes I can't. Any input to help me out?

Are you trying to locate your downloaded music that's on the phone through the U-connect media function or through Android Auto?

Users who are viewing this thread